Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ethernet connection (NOT PLC)
Hi guys,

Since yesterday I am the owner of a phantom gold. I am amazed by the great sound (and looks Smile) of the bald ET!
However I need some tips and advice,
I connect my one Gold via the Dialog to my LAN Port. I have a very good internet connection, it works and the speed is 400 mbps. However no matter what I do I can't get the dialog to use Ethernet/LAN it automatically uses PLC. This is not necessary because I have internet in all rooms.

-The dialog seems to function, the backlight is white constantly, on the dialog itself a red light is also continuously shining.
Is this indicative of a malfunction?

-Strange enough my phone does see and recognize the 2.4 and 5 ghz networks supplied by the dialog. So dialog does set up these networks
I cannot connect to them with my phone because then I need to supply a code (my code for my home network does not work).

-What is the problem here, do you guys know what I can do to connect via Ethernet and dialog?

My phone does recognize the phantom (but apparently is uses PLC) and I can use tidal and spotify on my phone to play via phantom

I started up dialog and phantom multiple times, I only get PCL connection

What am I forgetting, doing erroneously?
Thanks!
(02-Feb-2018, 11:02)Razza1974 Wrote: Hi guys,

Since yesterday I am the owner of a phantom gold. I am amazed by the great sound (and looks Smile) of the bald ET!
I connect my one Gold via the Dialog to my LAN Port. I have a very good internet connection, it works and the speed is 400 mbps. However no matter what I do I can't get the dialog to use Ethernet/LAN it automatically uses PLC. This is not necessary because I have internet in all rooms.

-The dialog seems to function, the backlight is white constantly, on the dialog itself a red light is also continuously shining.

-Strange enough my phone does see and recognize the 2.4 and 5 ghz networks supplied by the dialog. So dialog does set up these networks
I cannot connect to them with my phone because then I need to supply a code (my code for my home network does not work).

-What is the problem here, do you guys know what I can do to connect via Ethernet and dialog?

My phone does recognize the phantom (but apparently is uses PLC) and I can use tidal and spotify on my phone to play via phantom

Thanks!

The first choice is plc and the best
If you want better, use ethernet cable to the phantom
(02-Feb-2018, 11:47)Johnnydev Wrote:

Thanks!

But how can i use ethernet with the dialog? Doesnt that work?
(02-Feb-2018, 12:00)Razza1974 Wrote:
(02-Feb-2018, 11:47)Johnnydev Wrote:

Thanks!

With a switch.

Cablemodem -> switch -> to dialog and phantom
(02-Feb-2018, 12:14)Johnnydev Wrote:
(02-Feb-2018, 12:00)Razza1974 Wrote:
(02-Feb-2018, 11:47)Johnnydev Wrote: The first choice is plc and the best

With a switch.

Cablemodem -> switch -> to dialog and phantom
Can you explain why that is needed? The lan port is already connected to router, apologies if i am asking nitwit question Smile
Both Dialog and Phantom should each be connected to the router. If you still get PLC then Dialog and Phantom should get power from separate circuits so that ethernet 'appears best' when the two probe for which connection to use.
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
(02-Feb-2018, 13:14)ogs Wrote: Both Dialog and Phantom should each be connected to the router. If you still get PLC then Dialog and Phantom should get power from separate circuits so that ethernet 'appears best' when the two probe for which connection to use.

So its a bit glitchy the whole dialog experience
Thanks for the answers!
Really impressed with the sound, played mountains from the interstellar soundtrack
Had to cut the volume down, impressive the detail and volume!
Dialogue is not needed for a single Phantom setup unless you are streaming from Tidal? So you could get Phantom on Ethernet by just plugging it in with Ethernet alone and removing Dialogue. Although since you’ve already got Dialogue probably will be wasting it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Devialet Phantom (White)
Dialogue is VERY glitchy. If you are able and willing to run another cable between Phantom and router, I would do so. PLC - when it AND Dialogue works - is intended to provide second best but “wireless” connection. A solid Ethernet (cat 6 and above) connection to Phantom is the first best connection and what is recommended by Devialet. But defeats the purpose of buying a wireless speaker now, doesn’t it? My experience was only with stereo pair and Dialogue. Does removing Dialogue remove Spark, all its interfaces with streaming services and volume control?
Thanks for the replies, i want to be streaming tidal so thats why i got the dialog