Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet 250 - what would be 'next' options in 2024?
(27-Feb-2024, 14:19)Vivialet Wrote: at least questionable ...
Is the Naim better sounding as the Devialet ? I have some doubts. Also can the Naim control your subs ? And no SAM profile for the Atohms...
btw., using a good external DAC is a good option for the Devialet. The additional AD/DA conversion is completely transparent it seems.
Maybe because you don't have jitter related issues. You need a very good digital frontend to match or exceed a good external DAC.

I'll let you know. Smile If it doesn't work out I can keep the 250 as a power amp, though its a pretty odd pair looks wise!
The Naim can feed the subs via the pre out and I can use the cut off on the subs. I was using full range on the Atoms anyway. With The naim pre I didn't need SAM on the Atohms it was 'too much'.
Devialet 250 FW 9.0.1 SOLD
Replaced with Naim NSC222 NPX300 and NAP250 NC

Atohm GT SE1, REL stereo Subwoofers. Atacama stands filled with atabites. Granite speaker stand plinths. Mogami speaker cables, Music Works heavy duty power cable.
Quadraspire Acrylic Reference rack
Sources:
1. Mac Mini 2021 M1
- Qobuz/Audirvana Studio/ Audirvana app on iPad (Via Mac mini)
2. Vertere DG-1 with Magneto upgraded to AT VML540ML fine line stylus and Vertere Phono-1

Currently using my 250 on pass through as a power amp for my Naim Uniti Atom HE. It sounds very good indeed.
Q is whether I can live with it on the bottom of the rack or whether I sell it (doesn't seem much market for them these days in non PRO form) and swap to the matching Naim NC250? I will be getting the NSC222 anyway.

Any long term users of their Devialet as just a power amp?

Atohm GT SE1, REL stereo Subwoofers. Atacama stands filled with atabites. Granite speaker stand plinths. Mogami speaker cables, Music Works heavy duty power cable.
Sources:
1. Mac Mini 2021 M1
2. Vertere DG-1 with Magneto upgraded to AT VML540ML fine line stylus and Vertere Phono-1

Final update
Picked up an ex dem pair of Naim NSC222 and NAP250 new Classic series.
Very happy with them D250 now for sale.

Sources:
1. Mac Mini 2021 M1