Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Expert 1000 Pro
(08-Aug-2016, 11:41)Rufus McDufus Wrote: There used to be a bug (and still might be despite Devialet saying they'd fix it earlier this year) in the configurator whereby if you uploaded an existing config which had DPM off, it would get re-enabled - the previous setting was ignored and it defaulted back to on.

With the website remembering your configs, why would you upload one? I wasn't even aware you could.  Huh
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
Great write up from Confused as usual. 

The temperature issue is intriguing, I have always felt that my Devialets sound better when they are sub-50. Perhaps the 1000 Pro is an altogether different beast.

I haven't check my Od'A temps since updating the power to 1kW, however in the past I have never noticed them getting much higher than the low 40s. Considerably lower than my 800s.

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
I have just spotted this in the 1000 Pro specs:

"Compatible with all speakers, from 1Ω to 16Ω." The drop to 1Ω minimum could be very good news for those with speakers with difficult impedance curves.

As for the class A temps, the Pro has better cooling, is supposedly more efficient and uses less class A %. So a much higher class A temp is a bit baffling! I would say that if anyone gets anywhere near a 1000 Pro over the next few weeks, (or an Od'A) it would be interesting to check the temps. 57° was a bit hot! By the way, I have asked OAC to double check the numbers, if they had actually said 37° or something I am going to look like a bit of an idiot!
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
(08-Aug-2016, 13:26)Confused Wrote: I have just spotted this in the 1000 Pro specs:

"Compatible with all speakers, from 1Ω to 16Ω."      The drop to 1Ω minimum could be very good news for those with speakers with difficult impedance curves.

As for the class A temps, the Pro has better cooling, is supposedly more efficient and uses less class A %.  So a much higher class A temp is a bit baffling!  I would say that if anyone gets anywhere near a 1000 Pro over the next few weeks, (or an Od'A)  it would be interesting to check the temps.  57° was a bit hot!  By the way, I have asked OAC to double check the numbers, if they had actually said 37° or something I am going to look like a bit of an idiot!

I don't belive too much in producer statements...about total compatibility...

Regarding this 57 degrees...I remeber that Devialet informed us a lot time ago that its gear should worek without any problems till 65... But with DPM on, High volume and low sensitivity speakers this 65 will be reached without any problem...

Devialet's amps dont't have heat sinks like big old Krell units...and we have a lot precise SMD inside...

IMO 1000 should work below 50 with DPM OFF and -10dB to guarantee many years of flawless work..
Could make the whole casework out of copper as someone suggested. However, Cu is almost three and half times denser than Al and so would be 3.5 times heavier for the same dimensions. Better heatsink than Al but much more expensive. Rather soft so would scratch very easily. Oxidises (tarnishes) quickly - get out the Brasso!
Can anodise it but can look dull. Apart from that it would look fantastic! Dan D'Agostino uses copper side-cheeks with Venturi cooling (holes) as heatsinks in his amps - black and cooper look great.
Devialet 1000 Pro; Magico A5 loudspeakers; Metronome T3a Signature CD Transport; dCS Network Bridge; Kuzma M turntable; Kuzma 4Point14 tonearm; Koetsu Sky Blue; Benzmicro LPS; Audioquest Vodka Ethernet; Transparent Reference Digital RCA-RCA; Transparent Reference XL MM2 speaker cable; Transparent Reference mains cable; PS Audio P5 PowerPlant; Artesania and Finite Elemente equipment racks 
North Somerset, UK     
(08-Aug-2016, 15:20)KIBM Wrote: black and cooper look great.

A wee bit of sutiably added copper would look nice  Big Grin

1000Pro (Matte Black), Lenehan Audio ML5 Reference's, FoilTek Speaker Cable's, Paradigm Sub1, Entreq Poseidon, Antipodes CX, Roon (Lifetime), Curious Cable USB, Aqvox Switch, Gigawatt PC-3 Evo Se, Mad Scientist Link Cable (RCA/AES), PSC Power Cords

Australia (Perth)
(08-Aug-2016, 14:27)moreno1973 Wrote:
(08-Aug-2016, 13:26)Confused Wrote: I have just spotted this in the 1000 Pro specs:

"Compatible with all speakers, from 1Ω to 16Ω."      The drop to 1Ω minimum could be very good news for those with speakers with difficult impedance curves.

As for the class A temps, the Pro has better cooling, is supposedly more efficient and uses less class A %.  So a much higher class A temp is a bit baffling!  I would say that if anyone gets anywhere near a 1000 Pro over the next few weeks, (or an Od'A)  it would be interesting to check the temps.  57° was a bit hot!  By the way, I have asked OAC to double check the numbers, if they had actually said 37° or something I am going to look like a bit of an idiot!

IMO 1000 should work below 50 with DPM OFF and -10dB to guarantee many years of flawless work..

Unless driving real inefficient speakers your ears might give out first.   Big Grin
Roon->HQPlayer->McIntosh C47->McIntosh MC301s>Transparent Super->Wilson Audio Sabrinas w/ Shunyata Denali, Rega RP8, Rega Apheta 2

(08-Aug-2016, 14:27)moreno1973 Wrote:

I don't belive too much in producer statements...about total compatibility...

Regarding this 57 degrees...I remeber that Devialet informed us a lot time ago that its gear should worek without any problems till 65... But with DPM on, High volume and low sensitivity speakers this 65 will be reached without any problem...

Devialet's amps dont't have heat sinks like big old Krell units...and we have a lot precise SMD inside...

Did you help in the design?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
UK kit - Technics SP10 - Technics EPA-501  - AT33SA - NUC5i3 - W10 - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet 1000 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable (0.5 metre each side) - Magico S5

Spain kit - NUC7i5 - W10  - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet D250 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable - Ergo IX speakers
Some interesting comments, but none of this explains why a 1000 Pro should run 14°c hotter than a D800 in like for like conditions. Maybe it is by design? Very odd!
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
(08-Aug-2016, 17:01)Confused Wrote: Some interesting comments, but none of this explains why a 1000 Pro should run 14°c hotter than a D800 in like for like conditions.  Maybe it is by design?  Very odd!

Wasn't the words "more efficient" thrown around in the propaganda?  To me more efficient should equal cooler at the same volume.
Roon->HQPlayer->McIntosh C47->McIntosh MC301s>Transparent Super->Wilson Audio Sabrinas w/ Shunyata Denali, Rega RP8, Rega Apheta 2