Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Expert 1000 Pro
(27-Jun-2016, 17:05)Antoine Wrote: Devialet doesn't deserve your voice of reason Nicoludio. Smile

I'm sure the 250 will be upgradable, just not initially at the launch of the D1000. I really hope I'm wrong though as I'm looking for the perfect reason to never ever spent a single dime with these French underperformers again.

Hi Antoine,

I respect your views. I am not sure anyhow that French bashing will help in any way Sad
Hi SwissBear, I'm not bashing the French, just the men at Devialet (who happen to be French) that are responsible for this mess.
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
(27-Jun-2016, 19:04)Antoine Wrote: Hi SwissBear, I'm not bashing the French, just the men at Devialet (who happen to be French) that are responsible for this mess.

Then I do not understand what the reference to their nationality stands for in you statement.
It was -in this sarcastic post- only meant to indicate I meant the men at Devialet, who are French and IMO under-performing. Nothing else, trust me. I don't care about nationalities, at all. And if I meant anything else I would have been just as honest about it, as I always am (sometimes a bit too honest for my own good or the other person(s) or thing(s) addressed).
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
(27-Jun-2016, 12:51)nicoludio Wrote:
(27-Jun-2016, 11:34)Axel Wrote: According to August's Hi Fi News &Record Review, the Expert 100 Pro will have white power buttons (whoopee), a 4kW (peak) switch mode power supply, will be finished in black chrome, and the price is anticipated to be £22,900.

Was that a news item or a review?

I was informed that, given the price hike for the 1000, the OdA may actually be good value for money (especially after taking into account the free upgrades) even when compared to buying an 800 with a 15% discount and a 15% discount for the upgrade cost from 800 to 1000.

It was a news item.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
Not sure if previously mentioned, but the external link below gives a tiny bit more info / photos of the 1000 pro upgrade inners

1000 Pro Upgrade
1000Pro (Matte Black), Lenehan Audio ML5 Reference's, FoilTek Speaker Cable's, Paradigm Sub1, Entreq Poseidon, Antipodes CX, Roon (Lifetime), Curious Cable USB, Aqvox Switch, Gigawatt PC-3 Evo Se, Mad Scientist Link Cable (RCA/AES), PSC Power Cords

Australia (Perth)
(28-Jun-2016, 04:11)Celts88 Wrote: Not sure if previously mentioned, but the external link below gives a tiny bit more info / photos of the 1000 pro upgrade inners

1000 Pro Upgrade

Very interesting! Think You.
A couple of images showing the base plate close up, which they refer to as a pure copper slab. Also interesting to see copper being used at the back of the unit too, just like the O d'A!

http://hifi.com.sg/journal/default.asp

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
(28-Jun-2016, 04:11)Celts88 Wrote: Not sure if previously mentioned, but the external link below gives a tiny bit more info / photos of the 1000 pro upgrade inners

1000 Pro Upgrade

Hi Celts88,
Things are beginning to come together, thanks for the link, interesting indeed.
Cheers,
Bill.
Devialet 1000pro C1. Aurender N10 Wilson Benesch A.C.T. ONE Evolution P1 Naim headline Naim highcap Sennheiser HD 800 Naim Super Lumina speaker cable. Shunyata Delta EF mains cables. 2 PSI AVAA C20 active acoustic absorbers.
(27-Jun-2016, 17:05)Antoine Wrote: Devialet doesn't deserve your voice of reason Nicoludio. Smile

I'm sure the 250 will be upgradable, just not initially at the launch of the D1000. I really hope I'm wrong though as I'm looking for the perfect reason to never ever spent a single dime with these French underperformers again.

(27-Jun-2016, 19:04)Antoine Wrote: Hi SwissBear, I'm not bashing the French, just the men at Devialet (who happen to be French) that are responsible for this mess.

Well IMO they are the best performers in the hifi amplifier market. The only amp I have heard to match it for transparency costs 5 times more, and the upgrade price was way more than Devialet charge. Also, being "old technology" is (are effectively since they are separates) not software upgradeable at all.
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire