Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Expert 250 Pro and 1000 Pro
The Phantom line had several updates already. And I can only laugh about people who sell their Devialet Expert because there is no update. Then they buy some other amp where it is clear from the beginning that there will never be an update...
I have my Experts now for 11 years, starting with a D-Premier, updating to 240 and then to 250 pro and added another 250 Pro which is also an update.
Each one was an improvement for a relatively good price. With nearly all other brands I would have bought 3 newer amps...
But sure, a new update would be nice. Not sure what it could improve...
Delia .you could have right ,i was with Them when it was 170 ,and i remember when i put it in my system ,it was a wow feeling ,then they upgrade to 200 , and my speakers get samed , then the Unit go to Paris ,and Home come 220 pro, and from that time ,the updates start to slow dovn , and nov. If you Reed hov it goes with the those People who start the compagny , i fear for a great produkt , what if something goes wrong with your expertline , Can they fix it in the future ? And i read that things for some People ,Don,t work , wery sad i Think .
AVM  8.3  Rosso volterra 2 ,speaker cable and other cable audio note , turntable tt2 de luxe , caridge clearaudio carisma mm, primare bd mrk 2 shyunata power generator,
(05-Dec-2023, 14:20)Vivialet Wrote: The Phantom line had several updates already. And I can only laugh about people who sell their Devialet Expert because there is no update. Then they buy some other amp where it is clear from the beginning that there will never be an update...
I have my Experts now for 11 years, starting with a D-Premier, updating to 240 and then to 250 pro and added another 250 Pro which is also an update.
Each one was an improvement for a relatively good price. With nearly all other brands I would have bought 3 newer amps...
But sure, a new update would be nice. Not sure what it could improve...

But mabye no updates , what about the App, it is Old, Devialet could try to fix bugs, are they doing that ?
AVM  8.3  Rosso volterra 2 ,speaker cable and other cable audio note , turntable tt2 de luxe , caridge clearaudio carisma mm, primare bd mrk 2 shyunata power generator,
who needs the app ? Is someone really using it ? One reason to buy the Devialet was the perfect remote. Plus an iPad to browse Roon, that is all I need.
Yes, there are still bugs in the firmware, but I guess most other devices with that complexity also have their issues. At least these bugs do not really affect my use case.
I can perfectly integrate my sub, I can perfectly integrate the Devialet into my home cinema setup (as power amp for front speakers).
I have not seen or heard any amp that sounds better and also better fits my needs.

Devialet (like all other hifi companies) is of course driven by making money. Systems like the Phantom or Cabasse Pearl or KEF LS60 are so good meanwhile that I could live with it.
I guess that the market for very expensive hifi gets smaller every year...at least in Europe.
The problem is not the features or the bugs that we have discussed several years here. For me the concern/problem is about the support, if the amp is broken, if we need repair, spare parts and most importantly the configuration which is driven in the website.
You've hit the nail on the head, there @ada.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
(05-Dec-2023, 18:00)ada Wrote: The problem is not the features or the bugs that we have discussed several years here. For me the concern/problem is about the support, if the amp is broken, if we need repair, spare parts and most importantly the configuration which is driven in the website.

From everything I have seen so far, the support is still excellent.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(05-Dec-2023, 18:00)ada Wrote: The problem is not the features or the bugs that we have discussed several years here. For me the concern/problem is about the support, if the amp is broken, if we need repair, spare parts and most importantly the configuration which is driven in the website.

Basically, non of these bugs can be considered as blocker / critical - not even highly important.
Devialet Expert 440 Pro | Dynaudio Confidence 50 | 2x SVS SB16-Ultra
Anthem MRX 720 | Dynaudio Excite X28 | Dynaudio Emit M20
LG OLED 77 CX | LG OLED 65 C7

In the context of end-of-lifecycle, yes. Because I prefer to have a car that goes even if it’s radio is broken. I am not sure why we need to be binary on this kind of situations.

1) Devialet produces faulty software which breaks time to time and they don’t fix it on time. (All existing bugs, broken app, broken MacOS AIR plugin)

2) Devialet didn’t keep the promise on CI, after the CI upgrade only feature we got was Sweet Room which was already there but wasn’t made public and it has bugs that limits the usage.

3) Devialet stopped producing Expert Pro 250 and 1000 which will decrease the value of the existing units as the maintenance will be a concern both from software and hardware point of view.

All in all, I am not sure where you want to arrive and why you want to pick a side. I really have hard time to understand it. My employer pays me because my work adds more value than my salary. Devialets sells products to me because those products offer some features to solve my life problems. If I don’t drive more than I get, I am being fired. If Devialet doesn’t simplify my life in the way it promoses I criticize and complain because what I paid for wasn’t met. Again here, as a 7 years owner of a Devialet amp, one or the otherway I was able to survive with this amp (other than one single flow, all of my use cases have at lease one bug) but now I see a legit concern about what will happen if I need a config update or if a new MacOS version breaks AIR plugin again or if an iOS update cause my remote app to crash. I apologize from all of you that I am concerned about these if that makes you happy @Delija because I am really having hard time to have empathy on where you want to lead and what is the gain you have from it. Basically we all see a risk on a product we use as part of our lives.
You take stupid hi-fi toys too seriously Wink

I won't cry during the sunshine because it will eventually rain after the sunshine - I'm enjoying the sunshine.
If/when it breakes - I'll buy some other stupid toy. Simple as that. Until then - I enjoy with what I have.

BTW, the app works flawlessly for me.
Devialet Expert 440 Pro | Dynaudio Confidence 50 | 2x SVS SB16-Ultra
Anthem MRX 720 | Dynaudio Excite X28 | Dynaudio Emit M20
LG OLED 77 CX | LG OLED 65 C7