Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Expert Pro - Roon Ready not working or disappearing
(29-Jan-2021, 14:57)mdconnelly Wrote: @David A - interesting... rebooting my NUC running ROCK does not resolve the problem. Each time this has occurred I’ve had to fully power cycle my Expert Pro to restore Roon Ready. While it happens very infrequently, my guess is that the latest release of Devialet’s OS/firmware has made Roon Ready just slightly unstable. But it happens so rarely that I can’t see what might be triggering it to fail.

I’m in exact the same situation. Doing all kind of tests the last days but didn’t find the ultimate soloution. Please help us guys
What is the soloution

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met Tapatalk
Devialet 220 Pro / Wilson Benesch Vertex / Linn LP12 / Crystal Cable Crystalspeak Piccolo Diamond / Audioquest Vodka Ethernet / Roon / The Netherlands
I have the same problem- the Dev just disappears from the Roon endpoint list....
Kind regards,
David.
Shy
Currently: MacMini with Tidal, Qobuz Roon via RAAT / Cat7 Ethernet cable / Devialet 1000 Expert Pro CI (the BIG dogs!)/ Analysis Plus Oval 9 cable / Hyperion Audio 968 / Cheap cable to homemade, 12 inch powered subwoofers.
I have had the same problem in the past (drop outs, Roon NUC no longer seeing the Devialet as a RAAT endpoint for no reason, etc...). This ruined every weekend listening session, either because of the actual drop or because of the stress of anticipating the drop.

When the new OS came out, I immediately installed and I also did the following:
- put a 10/100 Mbit switch between my main Gigabit switch and the Devialet, thereby creating a choke point for the data, limiting it to 100 Mbit
- disabled wifi completely in the config
- rebooted everything (can't remember the exact order in which I brought everything back up)

Since then, I have had zero incidences. Because of the fact that there are 3 changes made (new OS, new ethernet config and disabling wifi), it becomes hard to say which of these changes impacts what. All I can say is it worked for me. YMMV.

The rest of my system:
- music files on a Synology NAS, wired to a Gbit switch, plus a Qobuz subscription, run from inside Roon
- Roon ROCK on a NUC, wired to the Gbit switch
- Dev expert pro 220 with Core Infinity
(04-Feb-2021, 07:02)pvanosta Wrote: This ruined every weekend listening session, either because of the actual drop or because of the stress of anticipating the drop.

Yes, no doubt just the uncertainty of having the session ruined actually ruins it!!
Kind regards,
David.
Shy
Currently: MacMini with Tidal, Qobuz Roon via RAAT / Cat7 Ethernet cable / Devialet 1000 Expert Pro CI (the BIG dogs!)/ Analysis Plus Oval 9 cable / Hyperion Audio 968 / Cheap cable to homemade, 12 inch powered subwoofers.
Forcing 100 Mbit ethernet connection is the solution for many network based problems on Devialet Expert.

You don't need switch for that - on many (Wi-Fi) routers you can do that in configuration/options and/or using Telnet.
Devialet Expert 440 Pro | Dynaudio Confidence 50 | 2x SVS SB16-Ultra
Anthem MRX 720 | Dynaudio Excite X28 | Dynaudio Emit M20
LG OLED 77 CX | LG OLED 65 C7

(04-Feb-2021, 13:31)Delija Wrote: Forcing 100 Mbit ethernet connection is the solution for many network based problems on Devialet Expert.

You don't need switch for that - on many (Wi-Fi) routers you can do that in configuration/options and/or using Telnet.

I use a cable that can only send 100mbit but this doesn’t seem the solution. I got the amber light from the devialet that should indicate the connection is 100mbit.

https://www.purecable.nl/en/shop/network/netmstr/

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
Devialet 220 Pro / Wilson Benesch Vertex / Linn LP12 / Crystal Cable Crystalspeak Piccolo Diamond / Audioquest Vodka Ethernet / Roon / The Netherlands
I wouldn't use cable to limit throughput.
I still use CAT 6A high quality cables. LAN port should be configured properly.

BTW, I'm not sure what is exactly problem in your case. I don't have it with my router and LAN port forced to 100 Mbit.

(04-Feb-2021, 13:57)Delija Wrote: I wouldn't use cable to limit throughput.

I still use CAT 6A high quality cables. LAN port should be configured properly.

Why not use a cable to do this?

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
I don't see it as a proper way to do it.

Very short higher quality Cat 5 (100 Mbit) cable may even work in Gbit LAN.

Do you know what is the exact difference between "100 Mbit" (Cat 5) and "Gbit" (Cat 5e, 6...) cables?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category_5...omparisons
https://www.diffen.com/difference/Cat5_vs_Cat5e

I had the problem a few times when streaming from my Mac mini through EtheRegen.

Never had any problems since streaming from my Mojoaudio Dejavu Evo through the Melco S10 switch. It’s been 100% perfectly reliable in every way (not a picosecond of drop out either).

Cheers,
Bernard
Room: Gik Acoustics | Vibration: Townshend pods | Power: Shunyata Omega XC + Everest + Sigma NR v2 + Sigma ground cables | Source: Mojo Audio DejaVu EVO linux server running Roon core (Raat) | Ethernet: Sonore Optical module + Melco S10P with dedicated LPS + Shunyata Omega Ethernet x 2| Synchronous: Mutec MC-3 + USB (Paul Hynes SR7T LPS) + Cybershaft OP21A (Shunyata Omega USB, AES/EBU, clock cables) | Dac/Pre/Amplification: Devialet D1000 Pro CI (Chord Sarum T RCA-RCA link) | Speakers: Chord Sarum T cables + Wilson Benesch Act One Evolution P1