Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Expert Remote App - not on Android 14 (S24's...)
It was already installed before update from Android 13 to 14.
Devialet Expert 440 Pro | Dynaudio Confidence 50 | 2x SVS SB16-Ultra
Anthem MRX 720 | Dynaudio Excite X28 | Dynaudio Emit M20
LG OLED 77 CX | LG OLED 65 C7

If they have the source code and someone capable of running it, fixing this issue will be only a matter of seconds and then releasing a new binary. It is very disappointing that every single response we have from Devialet proves that the Expert line is dead. I was planning to buy a second 220 (and Devialet is well aware of it as we had an open topic for it with the support team) but as seeing this topic, I have changed my mind and going to look into Benchmark Dac+Pre+Power combo.
Audioquest Thunder | High (Variable) Current Power Cable - Audioquest Niagara 3000 - Apple MacMini (2018) - Cardas Clear USB/ Blue Jeans Ethernet Cable - Devialet Expert 220 Pro on IsoAcoustics Orea Bronze - Van Den Hul The Breeze Hybrid Speaker Cables - Focal Scala Utopia Evo on IsoAcoustics Gaia-TITAN Theis
I just got new phone - Google Pixel 8 with Android 14 - and it won't work.
I've tried some workarounds (https://droidwin.com/app-not-installed-a...one-fixed/) - but still nothing.

@ada Fully agree with you!

I am also looking for options, getting ready to leave the sinking "Devialet Expert" boat, and not just because their app is not running on new smartphones anymore. It's for the fact that the Expert line seems to be end-of-life, at least from a support point of view and how much effort and attention Devialet is investing here.

In my system the D220 is already only the pre-amp/DAC/phono-stage.
And this is the point what makes this device so popular for me. It combines so many boxes at a very high level, providing great sound and configurability, at least until now.
But happens once you cannot create a new config anymore, e.g. for a new phono system?

I really hope I am wrong. 
I still hope the app will be compiled for the new Android an IOS.

Maybe it helps, if they get swamped with requests by the community Cool

Cheers,
Ralf
Bauer LS 3.0 - Ortofon 7.8N SPK - Octave RE320 - 220 Pro - DH Labs D-110 - Mutec MC-3+ USB - ROON ROCK NUC - Sbooster MKII - Technics 1200 MK2 w/ Quintet Blue
(27-Mar-2024, 15:08)G-Vialet Wrote: ... But happens once you cannot create a new config anymore ...

That's exactly the reason why I created a copy of my newest config file with most inputs enabled.
Devialet Expert 200 (FW 7.1.3) / Magnepan 1.7i / Rel T5 / Foobar (WASAPI event 24bit) / AIR 3.0.1 public beta (best Air 3.x.x SQ by far)
Could -> this <- be something to try?
I would try it myself, but don't want to lose the app.
My S23 was running Android 13 when i got it, but has been upgraded to Android 14.
Sennheiser AMBEO Soundbar KEF KC62  |  Devialet Expert 250 Pro KEF LS50 Meta  |  KEF LSX
(10-Apr-2024, 16:08)Stian_Gel Wrote: Could -> this <- be something to try?
My S23 was running Android 13 when i got it, but has been upgraded to Android 14.

Thanks a lot for that!
I will definitely give it a try! Would be a great workaround.
Still, Devialet just should make it work. How hard can it be?

Another thing why I like the Expert so much is its remote.
The best remote ever. A big wheel for the volume, shiny, solid and heavy, you'll never loose it in the couch like those thin cheap plastic bars :-)

Cheers,
Ralf
Bauer LS 3.0 - Ortofon 7.8N SPK - Octave RE320 - 220 Pro - DH Labs D-110 - Mutec MC-3+ USB - ROON ROCK NUC - Sbooster MKII - Technics 1200 MK2 w/ Quintet Blue
(10-Apr-2024, 16:08)Stian_Gel Wrote: Could -> this <- be something to try?

You are not reading carefully Smile

I already wrote it's not working. I've tried on Pixel 8 and S24 Ultra.