Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Firmware 10.0.2 is now available for download
SENSATIONAL!!!!

I had little sleep last 30 hours or so. On Quad/ Stax full range electrostatics the disappearing act with software 10.0.2 is the greatest I ever heared. And I own electrostatics since 1981. Live radio, live-television (via Oppo105D) and CD/ high resolution music and LP is really another step forward.
In the last month I heared live: Paul McCartney on Pinkpop (12 june, Landsgraaf - NL), Vintage Trouble in Doornroosje Nijmegen (2 july; NL) and Beyoncé in Arene Amsterdam (16 july on THX system); Paul sounded second best after Devialet on full-range electrostatics. Good job Paris!
Le 200 is getting hot(ter) at ease, but no problem at all I think. Curious what the PRO-series will bring later this year.....
1: Atelier d'Or no.75 (1.5m. AQ RCA-XLR), Heart 2812 QuadESL.nl, Kimber 8TC, WBT, Rel StentorII, Oppo105D (surround), Vodafone Next, Quad 303.2(!Quadrepair.nl), Kef RDM1, BenQW4000i, SBooster (3x), IfiX 3x, 125 inch, Stax 507 (2x) on Stax SRM-1S, SRM D-50, all on Iso-Ac. Gaia1, 2 and 3, Kemp Isolator source and power-, Kemp QA/ SNS plugs (6x), Furutech & ALAC maincables, AQ Blizzard, Van den Hul Mainstream, Optical 8k cables, Clearaudio (Synchro+Champion2+TT3 tangential+CM Bearing+Outer Limit+StradivariV2, 530uV, 200 ohms), NUC11 i7, Samsung-980Pro, -A8, -S24Ultra, Roon Life, Netgear 108, AQ Cinnamon all, Live cable USB, AQ jitterbug 5x, WB 18TB 2x

2: 220Pro, Kef R3, Rel Studio, Oppo103EU (surround), Quad 707(mod), Kef RDM2, all on Iso Acoustics 200, Gaia 3 & 1, LG Oled55, Furutech wall outlets(3x), AQ NRG-Z3 (2m., 5x), Kemp powerstrips, Audiotool filters, Oppo HA2+PM3 + AQ cinnamon cables

1900 recorded LP's 24/192, 850 DSD 5.1 SACD (via Oppo), 4800 ripped CD's, Qubuz

(22-Jul-2016, 22:31)moreno1973 Wrote: Hello.

I found one strange thing when using new firmware 10.0.2. Is there anybody who can verify my situation.

When I press ,,source" button for a bit longer, then i see on display frequency for exemple 44.1 and then Devialet turn off and restart. With firmware 9 I didn't have this problem...after displaying me actual frequency it displayed me name of my SAMed loudspeakers.

I like new display layout and colors. IMO positive change.

Sound? I Need to test it for some days...

I installed 10.0.2 for you and I don't have the issue, but I also don't use SAM.

Sorry, this probably doesn't help you.
Roon->HQPlayer->McIntosh C47->McIntosh MC301s>Transparent Super->Wilson Audio Sabrinas w/ Shunyata Denali, Rega RP8, Rega Apheta 2

10 sounds like 9 to me.
Roon->HQPlayer->McIntosh C47->McIntosh MC301s>Transparent Super->Wilson Audio Sabrinas w/ Shunyata Denali, Rega RP8, Rega Apheta 2

I think 10 sounds different to my ears. Not saying I don't like it, just different. Just had it for 30min.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
So it's something between no change in soundquality and sensationell :-)
(23-Jul-2016, 13:48)Dr Tone Wrote:
(22-Jul-2016, 22:31)moreno1973 Wrote: Hello.

I found one strange thing when using new firmware 10.0.2. Is there anybody who can verify my situation.

When I press ,,source" button for a bit longer, then i see on display frequency for exemple 44.1 and then Devialet turn off and restart. With firmware 9 I didn't have this problem...after displaying me actual frequency it displayed me name of my SAMed loudspeakers.

I like new display layout and colors. IMO positive change.

Sound? I Need to test it for some days...

I installed 10.0.2 for you and I don't have the issue, but I also don't use SAM.

Sorry, this probably doesn't help you.

I am using le200 with SAM for my Vivid V 1.5 speakers. Long press the lower left key of the remote, it first shows the frequency, then the name of my speakers, then back to the original display. All OK.
Nightmare:
1. a chain is as strong as the weakest link? For most people the weakest link isn't the Devialet amplifier at all. Think of the waterfall graphics (start& stop reactions) of electronics and speakers. Every dynamic speakers still moves when an electrostatic has stopped a long time ago....as it should be.
On my Kef reference speakers I cannot hear what Devialet realy can do.... Like I also own Oppo PM1 & Sennheisser 800 headphones: impressive sound, untill you use the Staxes....
2. Besides: if you don't like what's coming out, you have to put more attention in what's going in (Linn?). I spent more than € 20.000 on power conditioning to supply 5 amplifiers with new klick-free (balanced: see website Kemp electronics Holland) 2 x 4.600 Watts. A Devialet feeded with that kind of active power (conditioning) is another cup of tee an cannot be compared with the sound of passive power conditioning or no conditioning at all.
(By the way: like Miele appliances from Germany in the US. All the top models are not sold in the US because of the lack of the +- 120V power).

So for everone it is good to decide you're own law of the increase and diminishing returns. Like in a car: combine the best carspeakers (Focal) and the cheapest electronics (Pioneer fe) to give the best results for the bucks.
1: Atelier d'Or no.75 (1.5m. AQ RCA-XLR), Heart 2812 QuadESL.nl, Kimber 8TC, WBT, Rel StentorII, Oppo105D (surround), Vodafone Next, Quad 303.2(!Quadrepair.nl), Kef RDM1, BenQW4000i, SBooster (3x), IfiX 3x, 125 inch, Stax 507 (2x) on Stax SRM-1S, SRM D-50, all on Iso-Ac. Gaia1, 2 and 3, Kemp Isolator source and power-, Kemp QA/ SNS plugs (6x), Furutech & ALAC maincables, AQ Blizzard, Van den Hul Mainstream, Optical 8k cables, Clearaudio (Synchro+Champion2+TT3 tangential+CM Bearing+Outer Limit+StradivariV2, 530uV, 200 ohms), NUC11 i7, Samsung-980Pro, -A8, -S24Ultra, Roon Life, Netgear 108, AQ Cinnamon all, Live cable USB, AQ jitterbug 5x, WB 18TB 2x

2: 220Pro, Kef R3, Rel Studio, Oppo103EU (surround), Quad 707(mod), Kef RDM2, all on Iso Acoustics 200, Gaia 3 & 1, LG Oled55, Furutech wall outlets(3x), AQ NRG-Z3 (2m., 5x), Kemp powerstrips, Audiotool filters, Oppo HA2+PM3 + AQ cinnamon cables

1900 recorded LP's 24/192, 850 DSD 5.1 SACD (via Oppo), 4800 ripped CD's, Qubuz

I realized faster bass more fluid and more air around the Instruments and overall more analog sound with more details. While rebooting the dislay freezed with samed speakers Gauder Akustik RC 7 MK Lloyd. Will be a little bug. Heaven reached.

Sent by iPad
(23-Jul-2016, 15:09)Peter van der Laarse Wrote: Nightmare:
1. a chain is as strong as the weakest link? For most people the weakest link isn't the Devialet amplifier at all. Think of the waterfall graphics (start& stop reactions) of electronics and speakers. Every dynamic speakers still moves when an electrostatic has stopped a long time ago....as it should be.
On my Kef reference speakers I cannot hear what Devialet realy can do.... Like I also own Oppo PM1 & Sennheisser 800 headphones: impressive sound, untill you use the Staxes....
2. Besides: if you don't like what's coming out, you have to put more attention in what's going in (Linn?). I spent more than € 20.000 on power conditioning to supply 5 amplifiers with new klick-free (balanced: see website Kemp electronics Holland) 2 x 4.600 Watts. A Devialet feeded with that kind of active power (conditioning) is another cup of tee an cannot be compared with the sound of passive power conditioning or no conditioning at all.
(By the way: like Miele appliances from Germany in the US. All the top models are not sold in the US because of the lack of the +- 120V power).

So for everone it is good to decide you're own law of the increase and diminishing returns. Like in a car: combine the best carspeakers (Focal) and the cheapest electronics (Pioneer fe) to give the best results for the bucks.

So what you are trying to say is if you can't hear a difference the rest of the kit around the Devialet isn't good enough?

(23-Jul-2016, 11:35)Antoine Wrote: Just downloaded the firmware (haven't installed it yet) and compared to 9.0.1 only the WiFi and IHM firmware files have changed. And there is a new ADH (v4) firmware file for the new Pro models.

We've discussed/hypothesized before what the IHM, which probably stands for 'Interface Homme Machine', does. I consider it the central 'brain'/director of the Devialet and it at least is responsible for the 'GUI' so the display contents and functionality in enabling/disabling functionality. Any changes in SQ (when one doesn't use WiFi and perhaps ethernet) must be because of changes in this file (or the placebo effect of course Wink).

Hi Antoine,

When you say WiFi has changed what do you mean ?
In the directories (10.0.2 and 9.0.1) I have WiFi file is is wifi0210.hex and was compiled (link edited) on Feb 28, 2014.
Is this correct ?
What to say from the main firmware (ADH) which dates back to 2011 in the version which is applicable to all machines except the 6.0 architecture (D1000) ?