Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First impressions
(26-Mar-2015, 16:12)fgueho Wrote: Well, it's never good to have these sorts of component too hot.
How long is the warranty? Two years?

This was exactly my first thought. It could easily need a replacement in only few years from today.
Just a question, what is the length of the power cable, does it can be replaced if not long enough ?
B&W 805d - Athom Zef Max - Devialet D200 - AIR Ethernet - Roon ROCK (NUC8i3BEH + LPSU100) - Qobuz

- FR -
(30-Mar-2015, 16:01)ledesc Wrote: Just a question, what is the length of the power cable, does it can be replaced if not long enough ?

Mine haven't been shipped yet so I cannot comment on the cable's length but it seems to be a regular C13 plug (see pic), with a fancy surround to make it look neater.

[Image: 507413801_1280x720.jpg]
Finely observed !
I missed this picture, thanks !
B&W 805d - Athom Zef Max - Devialet D200 - AIR Ethernet - Roon ROCK (NUC8i3BEH + LPSU100) - Qobuz

- FR -
dose anyone know if there is any upgrade power cables available for the phantom.
Just out of curiosity, what are you lucky Phantom owners using as stands?
Mine are sitting on my cabinet until my stands arrived. This is how they demoed them at Harrods. Not ideal, but hey, better than being on the floor. I expect the entire sound will 'tighten' up even further when on the proper stands and wider apart. Can't wait. BTW even with the update on Android, Spark is still c***p.
What it impressive is there is no vibration at all, I put my hand on one yesterday, high volume, withe the side bass elements moving, but the chassis do not vibrate !!! So may be even on a cabinet it could work fine ?

- FR -
(05-Apr-2015, 10:01)stonedragon Wrote: Mine are sitting on my cabinet until my stands arrived. This is how they demoed them at Harrods. Not ideal, but hey, better than being on the floor. I expect the entire sound will 'tighten' up even further when on the proper stands and wider apart. Can't wait. BTW even with the update on Android, Spark is still c***p.

I have mine on old Target stands, I tried on a table but did not like the bass that way.

I agree that the Spark update doesn't seem to have helped, in that I still get intermittent sound from one channel at times. Mind you that could be an internal firmware defect since repeating the setup seems to fix it sometimes.
I notice that the Spark update for iOS has not yet been approved by Apple for release. Whether this is because of Easter or because of bugs has not been made clear.
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

(05-Apr-2015, 10:56)ledesc Wrote: What it impressive is there is no vibration at all, I put my hand on one yesterday, high volume, withe the side bass elements moving, but the chassis do not vibrate !!! So may be even on a cabinet it could work fine ?

This is quite interesting. I also wonder if Devialet provides any diagram for optimal positioning of stereo setup like wall distance and direction?