Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First review is in!
Hi all, here is a review of the soundbar from T3

https://www.t3.com/news/i-tried-a-new-do...c-to-shame

kantblue
Sure better than Sonos Arc without sub (but with a Sub ?).

From what I've read so far, good bass and stereo images but many high-end soundbars have better spatialisation.
https://www.lesnumeriques.com/barre-de-s.../test.html
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNwNiJpbQfU

Too bad we can use it has a center channel + elevation channels and connect either through opticals or network Phantoms for rear and side channels...

Maybe one day...
2 x Phantom I 108db Dark Chrome in Direct Optical Mode to a Sonos Connect
Sonos Arc + Sub + 2 x Play:1
Sonos Playbar
4 Sonos zones of 2xPlay:1
Is it odd that there is no mention of the Phantoms so far in the discussions/reviews.

It looks like the Devialet app 'might' be used to add the soundbar so presumably it uses DOS2 - not sure this is correct though - early days I guess.

If you can't use the Phantoms at all with the soundbar then I think that's a serious fail with Devialet kit, after all with the Sonos products you can use the single sonos speakers to enhance the surround sound experience. Even the non-Atmos Playbar can work with any other Sonos speakers as well as the sub.

I'm in the market for an Atmos soundbar but not sure its going to be this one.

kantblue
Wink 
Review of the Dione soundbar from the dutch website Hifi.nl

https://hifi.nl/artikel/31027/Review-Dev...rimeur.htm

You can translate with google

David
(29-Mar-2022, 17:44)kantblue Wrote: Is it odd that there is no mention of the Phantoms so far in the discussions/reviews.

It looks like the Devialet app 'might' be used to add the soundbar so presumably it uses DOS2 - not sure this is correct though - early days I guess.

If you can't use the Phantoms at all with the soundbar then I think that's a serious fail with Devialet kit, after all with the Sonos products you can use the single sonos speakers to enhance the surround sound experience. Even the non-Atmos Playbar can work with any other Sonos speakers as well as the sub.

kantblue

Yeah, I was thinking the same, imagine Dione with 2 Gold's and 2 Reactor's as rears - now we're talking Smile
(29-Mar-2022, 17:44)kantblue Wrote: Is it odd that there is no mention of the Phantoms so far in the discussions/reviews.

kantblue

Sonos in Home Theater configuration, uses its 5Ghz WIFI as a "private" audio connection between HT zone speakers (for example Arc + Sub + One surrounds). They still use the 2.4Ghz WIFI for grouping and audio streaming.
This allows a sub 30ms latency between HT front and back channels, very important in Theater configuration.

In DOS2 system, using the optical input, the best you can get so far is 60ms (while the default settings being @ 160ms).
So in it's current state DOS2 could not be used for HT with WIFI.

I'm quite sure there are trying ways to enhance it (with care around Sonos patents infringement) ...Question is when...

They can also use DANTE networking (with Ethernet Cable) between Dione and Phantoms, as you can now embed DANTE networking without special hardware (just a special linux software driver is needed).

Anyway if they found a reliable way, I'm in for a Dione and a couple of Phantom II for the back channel Smile
2 x Phantom I 108db Dark Chrome in Direct Optical Mode to a Sonos Connect
Sonos Arc + Sub + 2 x Play:1
Sonos Playbar
4 Sonos zones of 2xPlay:1

kantblue

YES, Dione with Phantoms  Shy
Devialet Dione

Rotterdam, NL