Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gold Phantom Stereo - Firmware issues, HELP!
Hey, 

Like others, I've had endless stability issues since early 2020 - firmware since then has essentially bricked my Phantoms. Have tried everything, over and over. They are connected via ethernet to network and on a single powerstrip. I had given up on ever being able to use them again, until I discovered a post about how to roll-back firmware. After trying the steps below a couple of months ago, my Phantoms went back to 2.11.5 and the system was usable for the first time in almost 2 years!

"Turn off, wait for 7 seconds, Turn on, wait for 3 seconds - repeat the process 4 times."

Drop outs started again today and when I checked, the firmware had been upgraded - can the app cause this unprompted, because I didn't download an update...?

For some reason, I can't get the steps above to roll back the firmware to 2.11.5. Despite numerous attempts, the firmware only reverts to 2.12.5

Needless to say, I'm desperate to get my system working again...Does anyone have any ideas about rolling back the firmware?

Alternatively, does anyone know how I can get the 2.11.5 firmware file and upload it manually?

Thanks.
I'm really sorry for your troubles. Could you describe your stability problems in detail? Which router are you using? Are you using any switches? Devialet never releases any firmware files, so you're probably out of luck. Have you contacted Devialet Support? They can push the firmware to your speakers if they want to.
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
Thanks, Ragwo

The Phantom are connected to a switch via ethernet. Router is Eero. The system was fine until the firmware updates in 2020-now.

To summarize the stability issues...
- Single speaker drops out when playing
- Usually follows by total drop out
- Devialet app will show both speakers and the content playing despite no sound
- Reset is a temporary fix, but drops occur so often that the system is unusable
- Ive tried setting up without ethernet, using only Wifi and the problems are the same

The only solution I've found was rolling back the firmware to 2.11.5, so hopefully Devialet can do that.
Which source are you using? Have you tried to connect the speakers directly to your Eero? Have you enabled bridge mode in the router from your ISP?
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
(19-Dec-2021, 20:56)ragwo Wrote: Which source are you using? Have you tried to connect the speakers directly to your Eero? Have you enabled bridge mode in the router from your ISP?

Yes - I've seemingly tried everything over the course of 2 years. The only solution I've found has been rolling back the firmware.
I'm sorry if my comments are redundant however: The newest DOS version is designed to make wireless connection more functional as far as I can tell. I assume you're using a wired connection for a reason but I don't see where you described that. To reset the Phantom you would hold in the back button in until you get the startup sound. That's around 10-15 seconds I believe. Then the unit would be reset. Try using your phantoms via your Eero router via wireless connection after resetting both units.
iMac 2021, Roon, home wifi, Devialet Phantom I x 2
(23-Dec-2021, 16:48)avta Wrote: I'm sorry if my comments are redundant however: The newest DOS version is designed to make wireless connection more functional as far as I can tell. I assume you're using a wired connection for a reason but I don't see where you described that. To reset the Phantom you would hold in the back button in until you get the startup sound. That's around 10-15 seconds I believe. Then the unit would be reset. Try using your phantoms via your Eero router via wireless connection after resetting both units.

Thanks for your advice. 
I've always wired my system for network stability, but tried resetting and using wifi only - unfortunately, it didn't help. 
I can only imagine that the newer firmware updates effect some builds of phantom negatively and not others. As soon as I was able to roll back the firmware , the system operated normally again for the first time since 2019.
Glad you got things up and running. You've contacted Devialet Support about this?
iMac 2021, Roon, home wifi, Devialet Phantom I x 2