Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Goodbye to Devialet - after upgrade program
I live in West Africa & bought my Le400 from a dealer in Germany in April this year. By the time I was able to setup my gear properly & just about managed to carryout a burn-in of 1000 hrs, Devialet announces as upgrade program.

Now, this is indeed quite upsetting news as I am quite settled with my setup & ready to go for the long haul ...

These guys want be to plonk EUR 6,000 plus I will have to get my units all the way to Europe & then back.

No-way ... I am done for now !!
Roon Nucleus w/ Hypsos PSU & AQ Tornado + Roon RAAT  >  AQ Diamond ETH > etherREGEN using SFP + Hypsos PSU | CEC TL-5 CD Transport + AQ Z3 + 3 x Orea Indigo > AQ Diamond AES/EBU 
Devialet 440-Pro CI >  AQ Wel Sig  RCA-XLR | 6 x Orea Bronze, 2 x Synergistic Research Atmosphere PC | B&W 802 D3 {Bi-wired}  >  AQ WEL Signature (Biwire)
REL G1-Mk2 pair | PS Audio PP 12 + AQ NRG-1000 | Puritan GroundMaster + RouteMaster | SAM DISABLED - DPM OFF - Northern Virginia - US
At the Oxford Audio Event the new streamer board was described as a 'dealer fit item'.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
Just sold my D200 and moving on to 2 phantom Gold with 2 branch at no extra cost.
(26-Jul-2016, 12:52)Confused Wrote: At the Oxford Audio Event the new streamer board was described as a 'dealer fit item'.

Do you know if end user fit is an option?  Logistically speaking my dealer is too many miles away besides I have the aptitude.
"Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."
(26-Jul-2016, 13:04)RebelMan Wrote:
(26-Jul-2016, 12:52)Confused Wrote: At the Oxford Audio Event the new streamer board was described as a 'dealer fit item'.

Do you know if end user fit is an option?  Logistically speaking my dealer is too many miles away besides I have the aptitude.

Who knows!!  Devialet are not exactly being clear with details of the streamer board at the moment.  I did try to get some information about this from Devialet support,  (I too would be happier fitting myself) they haven't been given any clarity on this point either!  The official line is that full details will be available when the upgrade program starts in September.  So don't worry about it, enjoy the summer, details will be available 'soon'.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
No worries, just curious. Thanks.
"Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."
As a D1->D250 owner who paid a fortune in Japan for the upgrade, I don't find the proposed upgrade pricing attractive.

I will keep my D250 and will use that cash for something else, probably a Nikon 105mm f1.4 and Nikon 300mm f4 PF (already bought btw).

Cheers,
Bernard
Room: Gik Acoustics | Vibration: Townshend pods | Power: Shunyata Omega XC + Everest + Sigma NR v2 + Sigma ground cables | Source: Mojo Audio DejaVu EVO linux server running Roon core (Raat) | Ethernet: Sonore Optical module + Melco S10P with dedicated LPS + Shunyata Omega Ethernet x 2| Synchronous: Mutec MC-3 + USB (Paul Hynes SR7T LPS) + Cybershaft OP21A (Shunyata Omega USB, AES/EBU, clock cables) | Dac/Pre/Amplification: Devialet D1000 Pro CI (Chord Sarum T RCA-RCA link) | Speakers: Chord Sarum T cables + Wilson Benesch Act One Evolution P1
(26-Jul-2016, 06:30)adhesiv Wrote: In my opinion it's criminal that D-Premier can do the same upgrade for the same price as an already upgraded DP or original 250. Who the hell thought this was a sound decision???

The only upgrade scenarios that look to make sense are the DP > 250 PRO & 120 > 220 PRO ... All others seem like much less bang for the buck.

In my opinion the best deal is buying a DP 2nd hand and paying the upgrade price to a 250 PRO. This method gets you a 250 PRO for about $10k all in or equivalent to the price of a retail 200 (or now 220 PRO) - Not sure I understand Devialet logic.

+1 the logic is fuzzy to say the least. I upgraded my dpremier to a 250 and now I feel screwed.  Unclear why the 250 is the only product that does not get any power upgrade either ... Does someone know why?
(26-Jul-2016, 19:48)GTX Wrote: +1 the logic is fuzzy to say the least. I upgraded my dpremier to a 250 and now I feel screwed.  Unclear why the 250 is the only product that does not get any power upgrade either ... Does someone know why?

I asked in the other thread (is it me or are there three or four threads of essentially the same topic?) here: http://devialetchat.com/showthread.php?tid=2980&page=80
answered in post 798, but I didn't understand it.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

Unsure if the two things are correlated but since the announcement of the Expert upgrade program the number of second hand devialet for sale on line has almost doubled ..

http://www.hifishark.com/search?q=Devialet