Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help: how to EQ 1–2KHz?
Hello,

I'd like to EQ the 1–2KHz octave - push it a little bit up - but I cannot understand how to do it using the Tone Control in the Configurator.

Does anyone know how to do it? Is it possible to EQ only this frequency?

BTW, I'm doing this as my speakers are a little bit pushed back in this region.

Thank's in advance for the help!
Restelo
Synology NAS > Auralic Aires > Devialet 120 > Dali Epicon 6
Hi

Does your Aries not have an EQ in the settings?
I use JRiver and it has an EQ, so the Aries may have?
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
Chord Qutest -- Niimbus US5 Pro Headphone amp —HifiMan HEK, Abyss 1266TC
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
The Aries does not have the ability to Eq but if used with Minimserver there is a way.
Minimserver can be directed to invoke ffmpeg software to perform transcoding and EQ.
Check out the Minimserver forum where there is a recent thread describing some of the details.
Indeed the Aires does not have EQ.
Will check the Miniserver option - hopefully is not too complicated.
Thanks for the replies.
R
Best way is to buy a mindsp Opendrc Di... has a 6 band parametric .. do it before the digital signal hits the devialet
I use DIRAC that way.. I can define my own target curve
Roon/tidal > Squeezebox touch  > Trinnov St2 or DIRAC (minidsp ddrc-22d) > Dual mono D premiers > Vivid Audio Giya G1 Spirits  ...fully treated  dedicated 6x8m room
The default setting for treble adjustment in the configurator (General settings, Balance & Tone Control) is 2000Hz but you can change that down to 1000Hz. First assign a tone control button to your remote.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
Thanks! I finally figured it out - exactly what I was looking for.
Cheers

(13-Oct-2015, 08:19)Pim van Vliet Wrote: The default setting for treble adjustment in the configurator (General settings, Balance & Tone Control) is 2000Hz but you can change that down to 1000Hz. First assign a tone control button to your remote.