Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HiFi Rose vs Devialet
Hi guys, 
Have anyone of you had opportunity to listen to HiFi Rose 520? Another one all-in-one performer with great specs and the price of half of Expert Pro 220 CI. And with good reviews on YT and forums. 
I am looking at some summer solution, and curious to try something different than Devialet.
Here is a link to Rose 520
https://eng.hifirose.com/RS520
Thanks 
Zoran
A) Devialet Expert 220 Pro CI, Audioquest NRG-Z3 — B) Pass Labs XA 30.8, Lampizator Amber V4.0, Innuos Pulse, Dynaudio Evoke 50,  Ansuz PowerSwitch X-TC, WireWorld power cables
I've had a lot of amplifiers here at home lately.
Among other things, the Hifi Rose RS 520 and the RA 180.
The devices look and feel really great. They are of very high quality and the sound is also OK.
They both sound like the NAD M33.
The RA 180 is of course significantly stronger than the RS 520.
They have a different design and that's a matter of taste.
In any case, they are both perfectly finished. But that's it.
The software is right, really bad. If you live in Asia, you may be able to cope with it, but not as an European.
You can't really connect a subwoofer to both devices because the volume is fixed. My dealer wanted to send me an adapter, because I could connect between the loudspeaker outputs. Otherwise, the subwoofer runs to the volume set on the subwoofer. If you want to make it louder on the RA 180 or RS, then you also have to increase the volume on the subwoofer. Radio? A lot of Koranic channels. Many or most European channels are missing.
My first RS 520 arrived defective. The right channel was noisy and the Wifi antenna was defective.
The RA 180 also arrived defective. The LED light did not work at the bottom of the device.
I would have liked to keep the RA 180, because it almost explodes with power and also sounds good, but I couldn't understand that you can't really integrate the subwoofer there.
The sound of both devices is very bright and detailed. As they add to Class D amplifiers. No comparison to the Devialet 220. The devices sound rather cool and are controlled but quite thin in the bass. The middles are OK but also not particularly imprinted.
In any case, both devices sounded very dynamic.
The remote control on the RS 520 also kept going crazy. I wanted to increase the volume once and the level went up to the maximum. I couldn't stop it anymore. But my speakers survived it.
And yes, I saw and read all the reviews. I can‘t really understand them. I think, the reviewer were paid! Like I said, the RS 520 ist good but far away from very good or perfect.
You won‘t really enjoy them. Maybe if you love the design but otherwise you will hat it after a few days. The software is really, really bad! Try it out!

like I said I've had a lot of amps over the last 12 months and I've only been blown away by the Devialet which I've had for about 3 months now and it's just coincidence that I ended up with the Devialet. I didn't really want it but I thought give it a try and from day 1 I was just blown away by the sound. But that's all a matter of taste.
Thank you @finix for comprehensive overview of your experience with Rose products. Seems to me that Rose products are “work in progress” . Have you had any chance to audition AVM audio all-in-one like Ovation CS 6.3 or 8.3 ?
A) Devialet Expert 220 Pro CI, Audioquest NRG-Z3 — B) Pass Labs XA 30.8, Lampizator Amber V4.0, Innuos Pulse, Dynaudio Evoke 50,  Ansuz PowerSwitch X-TC, WireWorld power cables
I toyed with the idea but finally gave it up. I've searched some forums about the experiences with the AVM 6.3 and 8.3 and in the end there was no wow effect anywhere. 
The devices are good but probably not processed according to the price. I could only see it in the photos and as it stands Hifi Rose is in a different league in terms of workmanship.
The AVM devices should also sound quite bright and cool. It is a German manufacturer that also produces in Germany. You can see that in the price.
I finally wanted to buy the 6.3, but then the Devialet came up.
It's a question of taste and company philosophy. 
You subconsciously buy the brand and what is behind it. I like the technology behind the 220 Pro and of course the sound.
If you read through the tests and the forums, then it's a good device, it has to be for the price, but nowhere are you so enthusiastic that your mouth falls open.
If you don't use a subwoofer, then you should try the RA 180. Built like a tank. But I have the feeling that the devices are still in the test phase and the customers are the testers.
Thanks @finix that’s my opinion about Rose as well.
I used to listen 220 Pro CI for some 3 years. Recently sold it. Perhaps will come back to Devialet but this time with 250 Pro CI. Perhaps