Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to use devialet streamer
Hi All,
I am looking for advice on how to use the streaMer in my d200.I have a windo PC and a Seagate nas drive.Can I play music from my nas drive through the streamer?
Thanks in advance for any advice anyone can give.

Mo
You need JRiver/Foobar/iTunes to play music on your NAS and use Air to stream to D200.
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier

Have a look at the following setup guide:
http://www.audioquest.com/pdfs/CA-Setup-Guide.pdf
(13-Mar-2015, 22:46)mojojojo Wrote: Hi All,
I am looking for advice on how to use the streaMer in my d200.I have a windo PC and a Seagate nas drive.Can I play music from my nas drive through the streamer?
Thanks in advance for any advice anyone can give.

Mo

There isn't a built in streamer in the Devialets, it's an artistic exaggeration they make - you instead need to use a PC or Mac based streamer like J River or iTunes. The Devialet is only a receiver for someone else's streamer in reality, like a sound card.
Devialet D400, Magico S3, Crystal Cable Dreamline Plus, Aurender N100H, PS Audio Premier, QNAP NAS
Thanks for the replies.I have windows media player and iTunes on my PC although I thought iTunes was for apple devices.
There is a Windows version of iTunes as well. But I highly recommend JRiver and the accompanying JRemote app for your iDevice. JRiver will play bitperfect (wasapi) if you've got your settings right.
■ Devialet 1000 Pro & Roon Lifetime ■ Dynaudio Sapphire ■ Streacom fanless HTPC-SSD (W8.1) ■ Sonos  Connect (+Magna Ultimo mod) ■ Qobuz Studio  Qnap TS 219 P II ■ v.d. Hul The Revolution LS cables ■ PS Audio Quintet ■ picture: Sony VPL-HW65ES & LG-OLED65C9
Amsterdam NL
It's only a windows PC I have and an android phone.My music is stored as wav and flac files on a Seagate nas.Am I right in thinking I would need to use the windows version of iTunes to access the music on my nas drive
(19-Mar-2015, 21:10)Charlemagne Wrote: There is a Windows version of iTunes as well. But I highly recommend JRiver and the accompanying JRemote app for your iDevice. JRiver will play bitperfect (wasapi) if you've got your settings right.

I second this. Just experimenting with the above at this stage and its excellent. The Remote app really is top drawer.
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
Chord Qutest -- Niimbus US5 Pro Headphone amp —HifiMan HEK, Abyss 1266TC
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
Can you use jriver on a windows PC?I noticed Charlemagne mentioned using it with an I device which I don't have.
Of course you can use JRiver straightaway on your PC. JRemote is just a remote app to use it on your iDevice. You also might consider a remote desktop app. Splashtop is one of these to be used on an iPad. There must be Android verslons as well I guess.

With a remote desktop app, like Splashtop, you can use your tablet as a monitor of your pc and have access to all it's programms.
■ Devialet 1000 Pro & Roon Lifetime ■ Dynaudio Sapphire ■ Streacom fanless HTPC-SSD (W8.1) ■ Sonos  Connect (+Magna Ultimo mod) ■ Qobuz Studio  Qnap TS 219 P II ■ v.d. Hul The Revolution LS cables ■ PS Audio Quintet ■ picture: Sony VPL-HW65ES & LG-OLED65C9
Amsterdam NL