Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dialog with the expert line?
At least they acknowledged they are working on improvements, which I believe is good.
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier

(20-Jul-2015, 07:25)ozthepoz Wrote: I enquired about Dialog, and also about the remote app (which I think is due for a refresh. This is what I got back from Devialet support;

Devialet Support (Devialet)
Jul 2, 08:01

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your message;

We do hope to get some work done on the remote app soon. We will get back to you as soon as it is the case.

Concerning Dialog compatible with Expert, this should be planned for 2016 and we will of course advise of any progress on this point.

We stay at your service,

Best regards,

+1. Thanks!
Rock OS (Roon) on NUC 2016 Model (ETH Wired to Router) > Cat8 from Router to switch to 220Pro (CI) > RAAT/AIR > Monitor Audio PL300 II
Ipad Mini 4/iPhone for Roon Remote"
In such a software driven time a "planned for 2016" is just another metaphor for not on our current roadmap Undecided
Also the remote app which is an absolute core tool is massively lacking functionality.
Do hope they realize how critical this is to their customers and to their image / brand perception.
(21-Jul-2015, 21:43)markush Wrote: In such a software driven time a "planned for 2016" is just another metaphor for not on our current roadmap Undecided
Also the remote app which is an absolute core tool is massively lacking functionality.
Do hope they realize how critical this is to their customers and to their image / brand perception.

They made a rod for their own back by making a software driven product, didn't they?
Part of their problem is probably that different users have different priorities as to what they want adding, removing, improving or fixing making it difficult to prioritise the software work.
On top of this pretty well everybody expects all software updates to be free of charge, despite the fact that some of it is very expensive indeed to develop.
I think that is why Sooloos/Meridian became Roon, so they could recoup some of the vast software development costs.

Other hifi amp makers don't have this problem Smile

For you the remote app is a core tool, yet I rarely use it and it would have been no big deal to me if it had never existed (it came about to give a remote display to help out those who couldn't see their amp btw I am not sure it was originally even a planned bit of SW but a utility added to help a customer request since it is impractical to put a display in the Devialet remote control itself).

I suspect software priorities will not be high for integrating Phantom with Expert simply because the numbers of customers requesting it has been very low. I am at fault here since I had not asked for it myself until recently despite wanting the option to use my Phantoms as rear channels in a surround sound.
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

Well, it's not that difficult for Devialet to follow the vast number of customer requests to update the smartphone / tablet app. And also make it possible to configure the Devialet also via smartphone or tablet - instead of having to use web-page -> flash-card -> devialet

I wasn't refering to integrating Phantom with Expert, rather than keeping the promise to provide customers a tool (Dialog, which was introducted and advertised to enable direct access / streaming with connected USB drives etc.) that will make listening to music a lot more convenient.
Understandably the further development of the firmware is the single most important priority - but being able to use the product conveniently is the next big task to meet.
So I really do hope Devialet is trying to keep up with the lack of development in that area, especially since other topics like room correction which have already been addressed by competitors like LINN etc. are still postponed as well ... but have a tremendous impact on the overall sound quality.