Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help needed room/speaker matching 250 please
Hi. I've running a 250 through my PMC 20-22 (non-SAM) with a Macbook using the AIR software. This is hopefully a replacement for a high-end Naim system which is based on a NDS/555PS, 52/135s. The 250 is by far clearer. For example, if I play the same Schubert Piano Sonata by two different pianists, you can far more clearly hear the differences in sonority and touch with the Devialet. But there is so much ambience and information that the music is lost in this massive soundstage. The Naim has far less detail, the sonority makes both pianos sound the same, but I can follow the music more easily because the Naim seems to filter out information that it deems superfluous. So if you were to ask me to sing the music back on first listening, it would be easier with the Naim. Has anyone else experienced this with Devialet and is this a room/speaker interaction that can be fixed? I know of a few owners of high-end Naim that are happy with their Devialet. I wonder if they experienced the same as myself and have applied suitable corrections. I'd love to keep the Devialet but the Naim wins on balance , even though it is very veiled by comparison. Thank you.