Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Iphone to 220 Air on Qobuz Dropouts
Yollo fellows,

Having problems streaming content from my iphone 11 pro max (just got the 13) but yet to activate) and iPAD 12.9. Recently had Apple Music (‘lossless’) and after4 months not so impressed with sound improvement so instead signed for a year on Qobuz. Much better sound quality. Streaming to 220 via air. Intermittent and frequent dropouts skipping tracks (unable to stream track). Seems to be ok with USB. Disconcerting because its happening regularly. Why would this happen? Any guidance?

Thx
I’m assuming your steaming from your iPhone using Apple airplay?I think the bit rate using airplay is limited to 16bit/44Khz.

If your Qobuz subscription is for HiRes then you will get dropouts from Qobuz HiRes using airplay from the iPhone to stream HiRes music files.

https://www.digitaltrends.com/home-theat...explained/
Roon Rock, Devialet 220 pro CI, Palmer 2.5 Turntable, AT OC9MLii, Classic Audio MC Pro Phono and Harbeth SHL5 Plus
Disarmament, thanks for the guidance. You are correct. Tried it, and no problem now. In fact the sound quality is much improved, suggesting that the signal was being compromised in a serious way. All good now. Thanks again.