Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jplay Version 6
it seems on here that most people use jplay to play local content.

and ive seen in the tidal desktop app that there is an audio output selection where you can choose jplay as the output.

is it possible to use jplay as the audio output if im using a chrome browser to play music?
Amp - Devialet 400 Speakers - vivid audio B1 Speaker cable - audioquest oak Power conditioner - furman SPR 16IE Source - audio PC with paul pang audio usb card v3 and paul pang red dual usb cable running through jplay. usb card powered by teddy pardo power supply Source 2 - line in from integra AV receiver (TV)
(01-Apr-2015, 15:00)Sylvain27 Wrote:
(30-Mar-2015, 20:39)Morten Wrote: I revived this tonight in the mail (Have been running the trial version the last couple of weeks), it now includes a streamer function, hence no more Foobar or Jriver.

The control point can be either Linn Kazoo or Lightning DS, running on a iPad.

It works really well, but the best part is the sound, oh my... it is just much bigger and more well defined than before.

Give it a go if you are on a windows PC, I for sure like it!

Link: http://jplay.eu/

As a disclaimer I have no relations to Jplay!

Kind regards

Morten 

Hello Morten,
I totally agree! I do not use the new streaming functions, still using Jplaymini player (combined with Foobar to manage my huge Library Smile  )
The result is fantastic!
I recommend to use a dual PC system, with an ethernet cable connection between audio and control PC. 

Changing Devialet Driver settings (to have minimum latency) can be useful too. As Antoine previoulsy wrote (thanks Antoine! Smile  ) :

1. Download the Thesycon drivers of the same version as Devialet (1.67) from a different XMOS supplier. Here for example: http://www.luckit.biz/downloads/Luckit%2....67.0).rar

2. Copy the tusbaudiocpl.exe (Control Panel tool) and tusbaudiospy.exe (monitoring tool) in the archive to the installation directory of the Devialet USB driver. In my system that's: C:\Program Files\Devialet\USBDriver

I'm waiting for other Jplay 6 users reports.
  Best regards,
      Sylvain   

The website link you posted doesnt seem to work.

Do you know if its a typo or simply the file has been removed?
Amp - Devialet 400 Speakers - vivid audio B1 Speaker cable - audioquest oak Power conditioner - furman SPR 16IE Source - audio PC with paul pang audio usb card v3 and paul pang red dual usb cable running through jplay. usb card powered by teddy pardo power supply Source 2 - line in from integra AV receiver (TV)
(26-Apr-2015, 02:50)completeluxury Wrote:
(30-Mar-2015, 20:39)Morten Wrote: I revived this tonight in the mail (Have been running the trial version the last couple of weeks), it now includes a streamer function, hence no more Foobar or Jriver.

It works really well, but the best part is the sound, oh my... it is just much bigger and more well defined than before.

Kind regards

Morten 

Hello Morten,
I totally agree! I do not use the new streaming functions, still using Jplaymini player (combined with Foobar to manage my huge Library Smile  )
The result is fantastic!
I recommend to use a dual PC system, with an ethernet cable connection between audio and control PC. 

Changing Devialet Driver settings (to have minimum latency) can be useful too. As Antoine previoulsy wrote (thanks Antoine! Smile  ) :

1. Download the Thesycon drivers of the same version as Devialet (1.67) from a different XMOS supplier. Here for example: http://www.luckit.biz/downloads/Luckit%2....67.0).rar

2. Copy the tusbaudiocpl.exe (Control Panel tool) and tusbaudiospy.exe (monitoring tool) in the archive to the installation directory of the Devialet USB driver. In my system that's: C:\Program Files\Devialet\USBDriver

Best regards,
      Sylvain   

Hello,
no it's not a typo, but the link seems broken now. The link was given by Antoine in the thread "Antoine's system" (in "Yours systems"). I have found this other link :
http://www.m2tech.biz/public/pdf/M2TECH_...r1.7.0.exe (don't mind 1.70 in the name, 1.67)
Maybe there are other ones.
  Best regards,
Sylvain
Devialet 800, Focal Utopia Diva (SAM), Roon 1.3 (build 242, Devialet Air in Roon) + Audio PC (customized Windows 10) + Android app
France
(26-Apr-2015, 18:32)Sylvain27 Wrote:

Kind regards

Morten 

Hello Morten,
The result is fantastic!

Best regards,
      Sylvain   

Hello,
no it's not a typo, but the link seems broken now. The link was given by Antoine in the thread "Antoine's system" (in "Yours systems"). I have found this other link :
http://www.m2tech.biz/public/pdf/M2TECH_...r1.7.0.exe (don't mind 1.70 in the name, 1.67)
  Best regards,
Sylvain

have you tried this particular method?

i installed the driver and copied the tusbaudiocpl.exe to the devialet driver folder (the download didnt have the tusbaudiospy.exe) and when you run the control panel it cant find any devices.
(27-Apr-2015, 01:04)completeluxury Wrote:
(26-Apr-2015, 18:32)Sylvain27 Wrote:
(01-Apr-2015, 15:00)Sylvain27 Wrote: Hello Morten,
The result is fantastic!

Best regards,
      Sylvain   

Hello,
  Best regards,
Sylvain

have you tried this particular method?

i installed the driver and copied the tusbaudiocpl.exe to the devialet driver folder (the download didnt have the tusbaudiospy.exe) and when you run the control panel it cant find any devices.
I just copied what Antoine told us in his previous message. I did not install the driver, just copied tusbaudiocpl.exe (Control Panel tool) and tusbaudiospy.exe (monitoring tool) in the installation directory of the Devialet USB driver. And it worked. In the link I have found, tusbaudiospy.exe is missing, you are right. I did not find another link at the moment.
Devialet 800, Focal Utopia Diva (SAM), Roon 1.3 (build 242, Devialet Air in Roon) + Audio PC (customized Windows 10) + Android app
France
(27-Apr-2015, 01:04)completeluxury Wrote: have you tried this particular method?

I forgot an important point : the Devialet amplifier must be turned on.
France
(27-Apr-2015, 10:39)Sylvain27 Wrote:
(27-Apr-2015, 01:04)completeluxury Wrote: have you tried this particular method?

I forgot an important point : the Devialet amplifier must be turned on.

i figured that after a while haha.

not that it worked with the devialet on, but if i have the computer on playing audio through jplay and an album finishes and i didnt get back to the amp before it went into sleep and turned off, the usb input decides to spaz out and wont work again until both devices are reset however that is not the issue this time!