Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Longer power cord for Phantom Gold?
I may need two 3 meter power chord for my Phantom Golds from the Branch Stand, because of a new furniture.

Has anyone tried this and can recommended other power chord without sacrifice the sound quality?
2 x Devialet Phantom Gold / Branch + Dialog
Pioneer KRP-600M 60" Plasma Tv
(23-Mar-2022, 20:13)mixart Wrote: I may need two 3 meter power chord for my Phantom Golds from the Branch Stand, because of a new furniture.

Has anyone tried this and can recommended other power chord without sacrifice the sound quality?

The original power chord to the Phantom is 0,75mm², so I believe almost anything will do.
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
(23-Mar-2022, 20:13)mixart Wrote: I may need two 3 meter power chord for my Phantom Golds from the Branch Stand, because of a new furniture.

Audioquest Z3 gives even better results
I use Titan Audio cables to my Tree Stands and they work really well.
They are reasonably priced and very well made so if you don’t want to stretch to Audioquest they might suit you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Does it really make a different in sound quality to buy a more expensive power chord?

I was thinking about a standard power chord, but the wire is thinner than the standard one, which comes with the Three White.

My choose are either buy two new 3 meters power chord or a longer power strip with 10/12 trigger, so the standard one (2 meter) can reach the power strip.
2 x Devialet Phantom Gold / Branch + Dialog
Pioneer KRP-600M 60" Plasma Tv
(26-Mar-2022, 19:55)mixart Wrote: Does it really make a different in sound quality to buy a more expensive power chord?

I was thinking about a standard power chord, but the wire is thinner than the standard one, which comes with the Three White.

My choose are either buy two new 3 meters power chord or a longer power strip with 10/12 trigger, so the standard one (2 meter) can reach the power strip.
In my opinion, buy two three meters cords. That's the safest bet electricity wise and you won't, or at least I didn't, hear any difference. I was quite shocked discovering the standard power cable being just 0.75mm². My bedside table lamp has the same dimensioned power chord.
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage