Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.25 Average
MELCO
It seems to be a very conservative evolution and I'm a bit worried technological trends are getting well ahead of them, for instance with enough processing power to run Roon or whatever, plus lack of outputs such as AES, S/PDIF or even I2S which is finally showing signs of becoming a desirable feature in the world of DACs. They really like USB.
According to Dynamic Audio, my dealer in Tokyo, new N1A is noticeably better than old N1A.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mac Mini Late 2012(Amarra Symphony/Audirvana)/DELA N1A Mk1 - [AIR Ethernet] -  Devialet 800 (Power Cable - AET HIN AC EVD) - [Speaker Cable - Nanotec Systems SP♯79MK2] - Wilson Audio Sasha
Thanks, Umetato, was there any mention of whether it gets close to the N1ZH60 (Mk 1)?

Also, was there any indication of a price increase?
I'm with Rufus! I know that Melco were talking to Roon a while back and my understanding is that they did get Roon running on a Melco. The problem was that the processor power was too low, I think Melco argued it would be OK, but Roon were reluctant to support an installation that would give a poor user experience. The fact is Melco Roon ready never happened. So why not make a new model Melco with a bit more processor grunt, it is not exactly expensive these days? Do Melco need Roon? (or similar) I'd say yes, judging by the lack of progress on their own app.

Also, to my ears, the AES/EBU input to a Devialet is superior to USB.

I really liked many aspects of the N1Z sound quality, quite exceptional, but for me it was let down by a slight deficit in bass definition, which I have subsequently found to be more of an issue with the Devialet's USB implementation, rather than the source itself.

In my mind, I had imagined a new model Melco with more processing power and AES output. This new model is a big disappointment. Not a problem for me though, I just won't be buying one.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
I just wonder when the streamer is ready for the Devialet Pro series (thinking positively), the Melco will able to play through Ethernet and whether that will be a better option than through USB?

So far I have been using AES rather than USB for better sound quality.
440 Pro, Acrolink 7N-DA2090 Digital cable, Plixir Elite BAC 3000 Power Conditioner, Plixir The Statement Balanced Power Cord
Rega RP10, Melco N1-S38, Melco S100 Audiophile Dataswitch, ADOT MC01, Diva Audio & 7N-4030 Leggenda Power Cords, Plixir BDC LPS, Habst Ultra III USB cable, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Acrolink 7N-DA2090 AES/EBU cable, Mutec REF 10, Habst Digital BNC cable
Vivid Giya G4, Acrolink 7N-S1400 Leggenda Speaker cables
PSI AVAA C20 Active Bass Trap
bFly-audio Master, Cube, b.Disc Absorbers
Artnovion Andrea Absorbers
(24-Dec-2016, 18:14)Sharone Wrote: I just wonder when the streamer is ready for the Devialet Pro series (thinking positively), the Melco will able to play through Ethernet and whether that will be a better option than through USB?

So far I have been using AES rather than USB for better sound quality.

You can use the Melco for AIR, but it can't run the AIR sender on the Melco so you have to run it on a device elsewhere and just use the Melco for storing music files and providing whatever benefit it can give through network isolation. If Devialet would allow AIR to be ported to the Melco chipset/OS then it could be a winner but there doesn't seem to be any sign of that happening unfortunately.
its available for sale in Amazon JP: https://www.amazon.co.jp/DELA-ハイレゾ対応デジタル...dela+n1a+2
Technics SL-1200G | Ortofon Cadenza Bronze | Audio Technica AT-ART9 | Hana ML
Nucleus+ | Melco N1ZS/2EX | D100 | S100 | Telegärtner M12 | Accustic Arts Drive II
Devialet Original d'Atelier | Vivid Audio G3 Giya
Gold Phantom Opéra de Paris
S  I  N  G  A  P  O  R  E
(24-Dec-2016, 11:21)nicoludio Wrote: Thanks, Umetato, was there any mention of whether it gets close to the N1ZH60 (Mk 1)?

Unfortunately, they did not mention with regard to the comparison N1A Mk2 and N1Z.  Actually, the hard disk version of N1Z Mk1 was not available in Japan.

The price of N1A Mk2 is JPY168,000 (USD1,432).

CEO of Melco Synclets, the manufacturer of N1A/N1Z, was there at the Dynamic Audio event.  According to him, the inside of N1A Mk2 is totally different from Mk1 and that Mk1 cannot be up-gradable to Mk2, while the exterior design is the same.
Mac Mini Late 2012(Amarra Symphony/Audirvana)/DELA N1A Mk1 - [AIR Ethernet] -  Devialet 800 (Power Cable - AET HIN AC EVD) - [Speaker Cable - Nanotec Systems SP♯79MK2] - Wilson Audio Sasha
(26-Dec-2016, 01:34)Umetaro Wrote:
(24-Dec-2016, 11:21)nicoludio Wrote: Thanks, Umetato, was there any mention of whether it gets close to the N1ZH60 (Mk 1)?

Unfortunately, they did not mention with regard to the comparison N1A Mk2 and N1Z.  Actually, the hard disk version of N1Z Mk1 was not available in Japan.

The price of N1A Mk2 is JPY168,000 (USD1,432).

CEO of Melco Synclets, the manufacturer of N1A/N1Z, was there at the Dynamic Audio event.  According to him, the inside of N1A Mk2 is totally different from Mk1 and that Mk1 cannot be up-gradable to Mk2, while the exterior design is the same.
Could you ask him to show MK2 inside?
My Klimax Renew DS DIY / My Audiophile NAS DIY/ Accuphase p350/VA Tamino modified - Tannoy ST50 modified/AQ RJ/E Diamond
Trying to make up my mind if I should connect the Melco N1A to my D400 via USB, or should I use N1A (player ethernet connection) ->Auralic Mini (Spdif out) -> D400? Dont really care much about the Auralic Lightning DS app although it is excellent. My only goal is to get the highest musicality from my D400. On the one hand I understand the shortest path would be the best, but I would still like to hear from people who have tried the Auralic streamer with D400.