Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.25 Average
MELCO
DELA (Melco) released the new firmware V3.2.1 as scheduled.  I really like their punctuality as I have been disappointed at the delay of Amarra and Audirvana Plus....
Mac Mini Late 2012(Amarra Symphony/Audirvana)/DELA N1A Mk1 - [AIR Ethernet] -  Devialet 800 (Power Cable - AET HIN AC EVD) - [Speaker Cable - Nanotec Systems SP♯79MK2] - Wilson Audio Sasha
I'm a little worried to install it, not yet without knowing what's in it but mainly after the problem they had last year with 3.10, so someone else try it out for me will they?!
(23-Feb-2017, 15:51)Rufus McDufus Wrote: I'm a little worried to install it, not yet without knowing what's in it but mainly after the problem they had last year with 3.10, so someone else try it out for me will they?!

Yes I will wait a good month or so before I install it , doesn't sound like I will benefit from it anyway
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
Chord Qutest -- Niimbus US5 Pro Headphone amp —HifiMan HEK, Abyss 1266TC
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
(23-Feb-2017, 15:51)Rufus McDufus Wrote: I'm a little worried to install it, not yet without knowing what's in it but mainly after the problem they had last year with 3.10, so someone else try it out for me will they?!

LOL too true. I installed 3.10 and ... Oops!

Had to reload my entire library. Took more than a day ☹️
(23-Feb-2017, 17:06)nicoludio Wrote:
(23-Feb-2017, 15:51)Rufus McDufus Wrote: I'm a little worried to install it, not yet without knowing what's in it but mainly after the problem they had last year with 3.10, so someone else try it out for me will they?!

LOL too true. I installed 3.10 and ... Oops!

Had to reload my entire library. Took more than a day ☹️

Me too! It started behaving weirdly and then lost all my music. I reloaded it again with 3.10 still on unaware it was a firmware problem and fell for it again.
@ Umetaro, can you share the link please. Its not on the Melco Audio website yet. Would like to read the release notes.

@ IanG-UK, to be fair to Melco, the N1 series have been around since 2014 (earlier still in Japan under the Dela brand). 2-3 years product life cycle is not uncommon for at IT product, even if not exactly inexpensive.

I purchased a Synology DS213 NAS with 2 x 3TB WD Red drives (fairly costly then) expecting that it would be good enough and would cater for any conceivable growth in my music library. Less than a year later, it was replaced / supplemented by the Melco.

For me, at least, given the resources available to Melco (or actually Buffalo, the parent company), it would not be a matter of whether but when they come up with new products/versions. So, that a Series 2 is now being introduced is not a surprise.
The release notes aren't available yet. The firmware is listed if you click through from Manuals & Firmware here - https://www.melco-audio.com/support/downloads/ (when you get to the list of items, untick the detected OS and the firmware updater appears) - and also available for direct download on the Melco device.
I'm a sucker for new shiny things and I've blown all caution to the wind and installed it... I'll never learn.
Can't see many differences. There's a few options in Playback Mode such as 'Alternative Renderer (Beta)' though that might've been there already.
The release notes are here: http://buffalo.jp/download/driver/multi/...w-win.html
Unfortunately only in Japanese.
My Klimax Renew DS DIY / My Audiophile NAS DIY/ Accuphase p350/VA Tamino modified - Tannoy ST50 modified/AQ RJ/E Diamond
Seems like a significant update having read the google translation. Lots of new functionality has been added, particularly with DSD playback in mind. Just have to wait and see...
Still no Roon then?

The Melco is not powerful enough to run Roon Core but it has been suggested many times they are working on something.

It really doesn't look like it's coming does it.
Roon/RAAT - Dev 250 Pro - AQ Castle Rock - SF Olympica ii