Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Munich High End 2015
Thank you Guillaume for your write up! And being a part time "nerd" I love those technical details like those behind MAT! Smile
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
(17-May-2015, 18:17)GuillaumeB Wrote: ... The source used was a Macbook running iTunes (I think!) connected via USB. There was also a turntable there, sorry I don't know the model but I'm sure one of the vinyl enthusiasts on here will know!
And Devialet? Well I though the Nautilus looked amazing but whilst there were amazing sounds coming out of these speakers overall they didn't really do it for me. I suspect a lot of this was due to the room acoustics and the crowds that were constantly pouring in (it was difficult to concentrate with the door constantly opening and closing). I also found that the sound varied depending on the track played. I wonder if a more simple setup with a D800 (or D400) with Sasha2 and a better curated playlist wouldn't have worked much better. I didn't notice any acoustic treatment in the room either, perhaps this might have interfered with the slick clean lines of the Devialet brand and image. The rooms did look stunning after all.
Guillaume
Hello and thank you for your messages. I don't think a Mcbook running iTunes is the best source Devialet can find.
With PC's there are many softwares to try yo improve sytem : Fidelizer, Audiophile Optimizer for Windows Server 2012, Jplay, etc. With these softwares, Operating System should be "concentrated" on reproducing sound, other computer tasks reduced or frozen. Many users seem satisfied with the solution they choosed. Is there something equivalent with Mac's (I am quite ignorant of the Mac world) ?
Another better source I think could be a physical server, not "disturbed" by an O.S.
So I am surprised by Devialet's choice, I hope their choice is not only guided by commercial reasons.
Of course USB, imagine AIR and white noise occurs suddenly very loud during a brilliant demo, very bad for Devialet indeed Big Grin . I am not kind with Devialet on this point but trying to minimize this problem or hide it was not fair. Now after one year, I hope Devialet management has understood the importance of this flaw. I am not blaming Devialet engineers, I think they do their best.
  Best regards,
Sylvain

Devialet 800, Focal Utopia Diva (SAM), Roon 1.3 (build 242, Devialet Air in Roon) + Audio PC (customized Windows 10) + Android app
France
Any news when expert get to dialog?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
(18-May-2015, 15:44)warpeon Wrote: Any news when expert get to dialog?

I was in Munich as well and I asked one of the engineers about it. He estinated it would still take quite a while and he wasn't willing to mention a date. He told me they were working on implementing UPnP on the Dialog and that a lot of testing still had to be done.
■ Devialet 1000 Pro & Roon Lifetime ■ Dynaudio Sapphire ■ Streacom fanless HTPC-SSD (W8.1) ■ Sonos  Connect (+Magna Ultimo mod) ■ Qobuz Studio  Qnap TS 219 P II ■ v.d. Hul The Revolution LS cables ■ PS Audio Quintet ■ picture: Sony VPL-HW65ES & LG-OLED65C9
Amsterdam NL
Here are some pictures from Munich:

[Image: sized_IMG_0573-bew%20-%20kopie.jpg]

The Phantom demoroom was quite crowded

[Image: sized_IMG_0576-bew%20-%20kopie.jpg]

The Devialet/Nautilus demo room even more and boiling hot for that matter.

[Image: sized_IMG_0583-bew%20-%20kopie.jpg]

8 times Devialet 400 and the Bower & Wilkins Nautilus

[Image: sized_IMG_0579-bew%20-%20kopie.jpg]

The cablesalad at the backside

[Image: sized_IMG_0595-bew.jpg]

The SAM LAB is very interesting for me. My Dynaudio Sapphires have only 12 votes till now. So this new gadget should make it possible in the near future to have them Sam'd at some point. I was speaking with a engineer about it. They are considering to make this possible at selected premium resellers or by organising 'events'. 

[Image: sized_IMG_0589-bew%20-%20kopie.jpg]

This dark horse was shown somewhere at the Devialet show. It would be a nice Avatar, don't you think?
■ Devialet 1000 Pro & Roon Lifetime ■ Dynaudio Sapphire ■ Streacom fanless HTPC-SSD (W8.1) ■ Sonos  Connect (+Magna Ultimo mod) ■ Qobuz Studio  Qnap TS 219 P II ■ v.d. Hul The Revolution LS cables ■ PS Audio Quintet ■ picture: Sony VPL-HW65ES & LG-OLED65C9
Amsterdam NL
(18-May-2015, 03:34)amabrok Wrote:
(17-May-2015, 12:34)Kunter Wrote: It was great to meet with many forum members and finally put some faces next to (nick)names... Unfortunately the pointless Devialet demo with the Nautilus speakes and MANY D200's was a let down...

Back home safely and looking forward to try the 8.0 tonight...

Cheers...

Kunter

Hi Kunter

I'm also surprised they it was a let down

So if I may ask in what sense did it let you down?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Amabrok,
The demo was pointless to start with. Not a practical use case for any of us. And the sheer beauty of Devialet is the ability to withstand to the most difficult loads with a dual mono. Octet Mono is definitely overkill... And hearing other rooms (like Raidho and Absolare, we were together with Guillaume) sounding gorgeous, and especially the Raidho room producing that wonderful sound with the "cheap line" Scansonic MB2.5's, I would rate the sound from the Devialet/B&W combination mediocre at best. Nothing special.

Cheers
Kii Three, dCS Network Bridge, Roon Nucleus, Kuzma (Stabi S, 4Point), Soundsmith StrainGauge, Stromtank, Echole Cables 
Istanbul, Turkey
(18-May-2015, 17:55)Kunter Wrote:
(18-May-2015, 03:34)amabrok Wrote:
(17-May-2015, 12:34)Kunter Wrote: It was great to meet with many forum members and finally put some faces next to (nick)names... Unfortunately the pointless Devialet demo with the Nautilus speakes and MANY D200's was a let down...

Back home safely and looking forward to try the 8.0 tonight...

Cheers...

Kunter

Hi Kunter

I'm also surprised they it was a let down

So if I may ask in what sense did it let you down?

Amabrok,
The demo was pointless to start with. Not a practical use case for any of us. And the sheer beauty of Devialet is the ability to withstand to the most difficult loads with a dual mono. Octet Mono is definitely overkill... And hearing other rooms (like Raidho and Absolare, we were together with Guillaume) sounding gorgeous, and especially the Raidho room producing that wonderful sound with the "cheap line" Scansonic MB2.5's, I would rate the sound from the Devialet/B&W combination mediocre at best. Nothing special.

Cheers

Thanks for the elaboration.

So unfortunately it must have been an attempt to impress by the looks.

Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis
amabrok's system - Latest update (May 2015, Page 11, Post #109)

Dubai, UAE
I think that they did this before at another show (may have been last years Munich) and some people liked and were impressed by it so I expect they brought it to this show as it was already a set up they had used.
UK kit - Technics SP10 - Technics EPA-501  - AT33SA - NUC5i3 - W10 - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet 1000 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable (0.5 metre each side) - Magico S5

Spain kit - NUC7i5 - W10  - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet D250 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable - Ergo IX speakers
Team photo:

Going from left to right: IanG-UK, GuillaumeB, Gentleman, Olle (not sure if he's registered yet!), Charlemagne, stefanfreij and Mikeoo

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
Great to put some (more) faces to the names - thanks!
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK