Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New installation - leftover part on the floor?
Apologies for such an odd first post on these forums.

I just purchased a Silver Phantom, Branch stand, Dialog and Remote. After assembling everything which all went fine, I found on the floor something that looks too good to just be packing, but I can't figure out where it came from. Here is the picture of the part...

[Image: 2q1hopw.jpg]

At first I thought it was one of the pads that is on the Branch that cushions against the Phantom, but I can see of them still there and they are rubber anyway. I must admit I found the job of docking the Phantom to the Branch a scary one. It would be easier next time now I know how the latch works better, but they should really have better instructions or a video demonstrating it...and the challenge of the slack in the power cable really means it should be a two person job to avoid any nasty accidents.

Anyway, forgive the paranoia but this foam pad is bothering me and I wondered if anyone knows what it might be from? Hopefully it is just packing....
Did you perhaps buy your Phantom from Ikea?
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(24-Jan-2016, 13:38)jonstatt Wrote: Apologies for such an odd first post on these forums.

In time you'll come to realise that it's a pretty sane post by all accounts. Wink

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

Well, I did not have anything similar in my Silver Phantoms and Dialog boxes so I would guess that it comes from the Branch or Remote box...
By the way, welcome to the forum. Smile
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
I've got phantom, remote and dialogue and didn't get one of those. So that leaves the branch ....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(24-Jan-2016, 16:52)Pim van Vliet Wrote: By the way, welcome to the forum. Smile

Many thanks. And thank you to all for the replies. Funny you mention Ikea as there is Ikea furniture in the room! My first thought was that it came from the Branch...I am wondering if it is something I pushed through the column of the Branch when fiddling around trying to get the power and optical cables lined up correctly....but I am not going to remove the Phantom to check as I found the whole thing a bit scary attaching it. I will just store it away for safe keeping for now Smile
Be sure to take a picture of your awesome setup when it's all together for us. It will give me something to fantasize over.
(24-Jan-2016, 22:33)andrewhollo Wrote: I've got phantom, remote and dialogue and didn't get one of those. So that leaves the branch ....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, also not by the branch.
Ask de devialet