Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
New loudspeakers & room digital correction service
Hello,

There is a PDF explaining how to install and use the measurement tool in that archive https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SfO5SA_...sp=sharing and yes it is possible to use it on Windows based or Mac computers.

You should save some time using my solution as you don't have to care about measurements naming and you can use a remote control.

Regarding crosstalk reduction : the "head" option only requires geometrical data and no additional acoustic measurements. The "hrtf" one requires a measurement with binaural mic that is a complement to the standard room transfer functions. This measurement can't be done with REW as 2 channels (left & right ears) must be measured at the same time, this is why you need to use my specific tool.

Best,
Thierry
(29-Mar-2018, 08:54)homeaudiofidelity Wrote: Hello,

There is a PDF explaining how to install and use the measurement tool in that archive https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SfO5SA_...sp=sharing 

Best,
Thierry

Thierry

I thought the pdf was only specific to HRFT, are you saying it can also be used for taking readings for all types of filters - Standard to HRTF (the pdf file is titled  'HAF_hrtf_measurement' per attached, therefore I read it as only being for HRTF).

Also if going for 'Head' filters, does that come with 3 filter packages, so I can switch between either if want (I use Roon so easy to change):

1. Standard
  2. Excellence
  3. Excellence Head
Cheers
John

.pdf   HAF_hrtf_measurement.pdf (Size: 156 KB / Downloads: 8)
1000Pro (Matte Black), Lenehan Audio ML5 Reference's, FoilTek Speaker Cable's, Paradigm Sub1, Entreq Poseidon, Antipodes CX, Roon (Lifetime), Curious Cable USB, Aqvox Switch, Gigawatt PC-3 Evo Se, Mad Scientist Link Cable (RCA/AES), PSC Power Cords

Australia (Perth)
There are two different tools (two different links on the website) : one for measuring RTF (room transfer functions) as an alternative to REW, and one for measuring HRTF.
It is the binaural mic that can be used for RTF measurements for the ones not already having a measurement mic.

If you go for the head option there is little interest in having the generic version but I can deliver it as well if needed.

Cheers,
Thierry
Thierry

Doh, found the other link  Tongue

For the Head Filter do you recommend using the measurement tools you link to (Pure Data extended & LittleOSC), or should I stick with REW?

Cheers
John
1000Pro (Matte Black), Lenehan Audio ML5 Reference's, FoilTek Speaker Cable's, Paradigm Sub1, Entreq Poseidon, Antipodes CX, Roon (Lifetime), Curious Cable USB, Aqvox Switch, Gigawatt PC-3 Evo Se, Mad Scientist Link Cable (RCA/AES), PSC Power Cords

Australia (Perth)
Hi John,

As you master measurements with REW it's up to you to decide (there will be not qualitative difference regarding measurements)
On the other hand I am interested in having your opinion on my proposed tool  Wink

Thanks,
Thierry
Any chance someone could link to the pdf for the RTF tool/info/instructions. I’m not at a computer so can’t open the package.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

(30-Mar-2018, 20:34)Hifi_swlon Wrote: Any chance someone could link to the pdf for the RTF tool/info/instructions. I’m not at a computer so can’t open the package.

Here you go

.pdf   HAF_measurement.pdf (Size: 154.8 KB / Downloads: 33)

Australia (Perth)
@homeaudiofidelity

Thierry

I've asked the below at other website, but may be useful to also include here. Some posters on there have asked about integration of Sub with mains.

I have a 2.1 set-up:
  • Devialet 1000Pro
  • Antipodes CORE music server
  • Lenehan Audio ML5 Mains speakers (2 way floor stander)
  • Paradigm Sub-1
  • Roon
Attached is my current configuration for Sub1 integration with my front speakers via my Devialets. So I have it currently set at High Pass Filter, 80hz cut-off, 2nd Order.

Do I need to do anything else other than do my new measurements via REW or your new tool. Also do you think my setting for 2nd Order Filter at 80Hz would be correct (thinking of dropping this down to 40Hz so the Sub only covers the low range).

I'll need to get new filters soon as having my current speakers upgraded (same enclosures, but new tweeter and crossovers). Will have to wait a month to let the new speakers burn in (need to get some hours into the new crossover caps), but want to get things in order before I do them (also gives me a chance to try your new measurement tool, or re-do with REW).

Cheers
John

Australia (Perth)
(30-Mar-2018, 07:12)homeaudiofidelity Wrote:
Quote:Hello John

For the sub integration you have different alternatives : you can either make an arbritary choice for the crossover frequency (like 80 hz) or you can perform room transfer measurements of each speaker alone (sub, main left, main right) to better optimize the crossover strategy (including potential overlapping as having multiple sources in the bass region can be beneficial)
Once you have a crossover defined you need to perform the different full range room measurements.

Cheers
Thierry

Response above from Thierry on other website.

Sorry to be such a square, but would anyone know how do I go about doing the room transfer measurements (as bolded above), as it's sounds from Thierry's explanation that this would be the better option. Also can I do this using his tools, or with REW?

Cheers
John

Australia (Perth)
(01-Apr-2018, 13:54)Celts88 Wrote:
(30-Mar-2018, 07:12)homeaudiofidelity Wrote:
Quote:Hello John

For the sub integration you have different alternatives : you can either make an arbritary choice for the crossover frequency (like 80 hz) or you can perform room transfer measurements of each speaker alone (sub, main left, main right) to better optimize the crossover strategy (including potential overlapping as having multiple sources in the bass region can be beneficial)
Once you have a crossover defined you need to perform the different full range room measurements.

Cheers
Thierry

Response above from Thierry on other website.

Sorry to be such a square, but would anyone know how do I go about doing the room transfer measurements (as bolded above), as it's sounds from your explanation that this would be the better option. Also can I do this using your tools, or with REW?

Cheers
John

I suspect that Thierry is simply stating that you measure each speaker separately without crossover.
I would suggest that REW is best for this as you can view these sweep measurements overlaid on each other.
Doing this should enable you to determine a good crossover point, rather than your current choice which, I presume, is based on nothing substantial.

Subsequently, once you have applied your appropriate crossover, you can measure the left+sub and right+sub with REW to confirm the efficacy of the crossover.