Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
New product launch?
(02-May-2016, 02:58)Celts88 Wrote:
(01-May-2016, 14:07)G51 Wrote: New Fireware for SAM to tackle frequencies up to 300 Hz?

It's been a long time since last firmware update happened in last December which was only to include O'dA in configurator and 'prevent crosstalk' something like that  and nothing else.

Hope the firmware update is more than just SAM. My speakers don't have SAM option so no good for me (probably the same for a few other people also).

My speakers are SAMd but I often wonder if it's really that useful in my setup. It does bring in lower frequencies but ive never been convinced the phase alignment stuff has much impact other than a narrowing of the soundstage. I've just reinstated Dirac which has reconfirmed my opinion on this - in comparison to Room correction - SAM is practically meaningless to me. Not saying it's not a good idea but it only deals with such a narrow issue in an average home setting (ie not dedicated listening space). A SAM update would be of little interest to me too....

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

Deleted, Paul has put the post below.
Pink Triangle Anniversary/SME IV/Hana Blue; Intel NUC + Roon ROCK; Devialet 440 Pro CI; Kudos Titan 707 using AXD; Kudos, Chord, Audioquest cables
Dublin, Ireland
Here you go, blog below, not much news at the moment but definitely some to come soon :-)

Hi All,

Wendy and myself have just got back from Paris where Devialet held their first ‘Uncover’ conference where they invited their top dealers and distributors from around the world to Versailles, yes apparently we are one of their top dealers, I was surprised too :-) The idea is to run this yearly to keep everyone up to date with all the latest going’s on in the world of Devialet, as one thing is for sure Devialet are really going places and are definitely a company to keep an eye on as they have some really big plan’s, do you remember their campaign a couple of years ago ‘One Day Everyone Will Own A Devialet’ well that is still their plan and after what we saw at the weekend it could become a reality sooner rather than later.

The bad news is that we all had to sign a None Disclosure Agreement so I can’t say anything yet other than some of the news will be breaking shortly so keep an eye on the HiFi Lounge website and as soon as we are allowed to break the news I will and then I can upload all the pictures I took :-)

In the meantime I’d like to thank Devialet for an awesome event, these guys really know how to entertain and how look after their guests as we stayed at one of the best hotels in Paris, ate at the Michelin Star Gordon Ramsey restaurant and got a private guided tour around the Palace of Versailles, obviously it wasn’t all play as there was the odd conference thrown in announcing Devialet’s future plans which actually were fascinating as for such a young company they have some very big plans which you can’t help but come away being extremely impressed and as a bonus everyone within the company seems down to earth and extremely friendly.

Anyway I’ll shut up now and below please find a few pictures from the weekend, I’ve actually had to be very careful not to upload any pictures showing any glimpses of any new products but I think I’ve got away with it :-)

http://hifilounge.co.uk/devialet

Staying In the lap of Luxury, Devialet Style!

[Image: 1_zpsojm7xabq.jpg]

[Image: 2_zpshgrmhfx2.jpg]

Day 1

Devialet Are Proud Sponsors of Renault F1

[Image: 3_zps77msejjj.jpg]

[Image: 4_zpsfksgzvlj.jpg]

48,000 Watts Of Phantom Power!

[Image: 6_zpsvityn9pk.jpg]

[Image: 5_zpsvppqagdg.jpg]

The Palace of Versailles, Simply Stunning!

[Image: 7_zpsp6pott8c.jpg]

[Image: 8_zpsyae1hd7c.jpg]

[Image: 9_zpsjgqclba8.jpg]

[Image: 11_zpsgfdc9c0r.jpg]
(02-May-2016, 15:08)wiresandmore Wrote: Cross posting an update from Paul at the HiFi Lounge on the trip: http://www.pinkfishmedia.net/forum/showt...p?t=187708

Wrong forum?  Tongue

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
Continued -

[Image: 12_zpsv9uwwqe3.jpg]

Time for some Music on a Very Special System, More News Later.

[Image: 13_zpsheou8ygr.jpg]

[Image: 14_zpssik8fqvd.jpg]

[Image: 15_zpses8iwzcp.jpg]

Back to the Hotel for some Michelin Star Grub!

[Image: 16_zpsypusxwze.jpg]

[Image: 17_zpsgwiechhr.jpg]

[Image: 18.5_zps3njcoxuj.jpg]

Day 2

Started With 40 Mins of Amazing Dancing Driven By Phantom!

[Image: 18_zpskxaeqjn0.jpg]

[Image: 19_zpshqqmwyf3.jpg]

Followed by more stunning food, My Kind of trip :-)

[Image: 20_zpsxqk4hwnb.jpg]

Needless to say a lot more happened over the 2 days but at the moment I need to keep quiet but hopefully for not too long ;-)

Thanks again to Devialet for doing things in style and for inviting both Wendy and myself and for making us feel so welcome, roll on Uncover 2017 :-)

Cheers,

Paul.
Yeah nice gloat Paul!!!  Angry

Glad you had a nice time.   Smile

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
Although I have bought stuff from Paul at HiFi Lounge (and he is a good guy) I'm not sure that DevialetChat is the appropriate vehicle to display this participation in affluence when the real news is subject to an NDA which I know other dealers are adhering to rigidly. I just think it is for Devialet to launch as and when they see fit, much as I want to know sooner rather than later.
Just my opinion!
Innuos Statement 2TB SSD with Next-Gen PSU (with Roon lifetime)
MacBook Pro (with Air)
Draytek Vigor 2860v-Plus/Devialet Original d'Atelier CI Nos. 54A&B/Magico M3 pair
Shunyata cables (digital/interconnect/loudspeaker/power)/Shunyata power units (Triton/Typhon)

Dialog/Phantom Gold/Tree pair
Missing Link cables (power)
England
(02-May-2016, 15:29)IanG-UK Wrote: Although I have bought stuff from Paul at HiFi Lounge (and he is a good guy) I'm not sure that DevialetChat is the appropriate vehicle to display this participation in affluence when the real news is subject to an NDA which I know other dealers are adhering to rigidly. I just think it is for Devialet to launch as and when they see fit, much as I want to know sooner rather than later.
Just my opinion!
(and more importantly maybe Devialet's?)
Innuos Statement 2TB SSD with Next-Gen PSU (with Roon lifetime)
MacBook Pro (with Air)
Draytek Vigor 2860v-Plus/Devialet Original d'Atelier CI Nos. 54A&B/Magico M3 pair
Shunyata cables (digital/interconnect/loudspeaker/power)/Shunyata power units (Triton/Typhon)

Dialog/Phantom Gold/Tree pair
Missing Link cables (power)
England
Fancy expensive events with michelin star food, buying plane tickets for reviewers, sponsoring F1 cars, teaming up with Apple, opening expensive stores, megalomanic world domination goals ('one day everyone blabla'), hugely pretentious advertising/marketing campaigns, using "stars" like Kanye, JayZ & Beyonce and NDA's one the one side and piss poor customer support/treatment on the other...*vomiting*...I'm so done with the "Devialet brand" right now.

There, that felt good and now that that's out of my system I'm returning to my normal daily routines again. Wink
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
(02-May-2016, 15:56)GAntoine Wrote: Fancy expensive events with michelin star food, buying plane tickets for reviewers, sponsoring F1 cars, teaming up with Apple, opening expensive stores, megalomanic world domination goals ('one day everyone blabla'), hugely pretentious advertising/marketing campaigns, using "stars" like Kanye, JayZ & Beyonce and NDA's one the one side and piss poor customer support/treatment on the other...*vomiting*...I'm so done with the "Devialet brand" right now.

There, that felt good and now that that's out of my system I'm returning to my normal daily routines again. Wink

I think you've just said what we're all thinking. :-)
Synology DS215 NAS (2x WD RED 1Tb) > Virgin Superhub 3 > HP Pavilion X360 laptop > Phantom Reactor 600 > JRiver MC25 > JRemote > A&K AK70mkii DAP > Supra Cat8 Ethernet cable > Sony WH-1000XM4 > jar of cream v2