Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
New speakers SAM ready
I see that wwm's Wilson Benesch C60s have made it onto the SAM-ready list. He must be a happy man after all that hassle getting them from the UK to Paris and back Smile
IMac macOS 10.15.3 (no link to Devialet Sad ) / MacBook Pro Retina OS X 10.14.4 / Linn LP12 / Devialet 200 Wilson Benesch Discovery. 
Qobuz Desktop Latest Version / Audirvana 3.2.18 / Audirvana Remote / iTunes 12.9 / AIR 3.0.4 / Wi-Fi / FW 8.1.0 / SAM 50%
Cambridge, UK (Updated 27th February, 2020)
Hello,

Good new, for those who are interested in, The Monitor Audio PL200 Speakers are now SAM Ready. It doesn't appear right now in the website "Vote for SAM", but you can already assign these speaker to your Devialet in the configurator.
(18-Dec-2014, 23:41)PhilP Wrote: I see that wwm's Wilson Benesch C60s have made it onto the SAM-ready list.  He must be a happy man after all that hassle getting them from the UK to Paris and back Smile

Hi Phil,
Been listening to my sam-ed C60's for nearly a month now and I am really pleased with the outcome, a more balanced sound having lost that WB lack of deep bass. To be honest I don't really need the sub.
Cheers,
Bill
Devialet 1000pro C1. Aurender N10 Wilson Benesch A.C.T. ONE Evolution P1 Naim headline Naim highcap Sennheiser HD 800 Naim Super Lumina speaker cable. Shunyata Delta EF mains cables. 2 PSI AVAA C20 active acoustic absorbers.
(16-Jan-2015, 11:05)wwm Wrote:
(18-Dec-2014, 23:41)PhilP Wrote: I see that wwm's Wilson Benesch C60s have made it onto the SAM-ready list.  He must be a happy man after all that hassle getting them from the UK to Paris and back Smile

Hi Phil,
Been listening to my sam-ed C60's for nearly a month now and I am really pleased with the outcome, a more balanced sound having lost that WB lack of deep bass. To be honest I don't really need the sub.
Cheers,
Bill

Hi Bill,

that's fantastic - I'm so pleased that your 800 is delivering a sound that you really like Smile .  I know it must have been a big wrench moving from Naim to Devialet - it was for me but I haven't regretted it for a second....

My Dialog should arrive next month (EDIT: others are now saying 'it could be March or later??).  Once I've figured out how best to use it I will take it to Paul's for a play.  I will let you know when I do that so that you can pop over too if you're interested.

Best regards,

Philip
IMac macOS 10.15.3 (no link to Devialet Sad ) / MacBook Pro Retina OS X 10.14.4 / Linn LP12 / Devialet 200 Wilson Benesch Discovery. 
Qobuz Desktop Latest Version / Audirvana 3.2.18 / Audirvana Remote / iTunes 12.9 / AIR 3.0.4 / Wi-Fi / FW 8.1.0 / SAM 50%
Cambridge, UK (Updated 27th February, 2020)
Sonus faber Liuto has been SAM'd. It's the "wood" model but I don't know if this model is any different from the black version. Anyone know?

Edit: I just confirmed with a technician at Sumiko that the internal components of the wood and black models are identical - but the wood cabinet is slightly wider by a few millimeters. I'll still try SAM on my black Liutos.

Edit 2: I've tried it and it works great.
Thorens TD-166 MK II, Intel NUC (Streacom fanless case, Windows 10, Audiophile Optimizer, Roon, HQPlayer and Acourate), HDPlex 100W LPSU, Uptone Regen, Devialet 120, Sonus Faber Liuto, GIK Acoustics Bass Traps
Hello,
I'am the owner of a Devialet 120 and my speakers are a pair of ATC – SCM40.(the first ones not V2)
As I can see at http://voteforsam.devialet.com/ these speakers have 144 votes so far.
I would like to know what is the policy of the company for a pair of speakers to be included in SAM that is already has exceeded the 100 votes?
Are they going to include the ATC – SCM40 in SAM technology soon?
Thanks.
(24-Jan-2015, 08:48)flyer Wrote: Hello,
I'am the owner of a Devialet 120 and my speakers are a pair of ATC – SCM40.(the first ones not V2)
As I can see at http://voteforsam.devialet.com/ these speakers have 144 votes so far.
I would like to know what is the policy of the company for a pair of speakers to be included in SAM that is already has exceeded the 100 votes?
Thanks.

Hi and welcome to the forum. If you haven't done that yet it would be great to share your system with us on "Your System" section.

For your question, the idea behind the voting for SAM was to give Devialet a sense of direction on how to set their priorities. So ideally they should be SAM'd once they get to the 100 votes mark as it is an arbitrary marker for popularity. However there is another element which is Devialet's access to the speaker in question to be able test them and prepare the SAM profile.

So it could be an access issue. Some members here in the forum arranged to send their relatively speaking less-voted speakers to la Maison and got them SAM'd before other speakers with more votes

Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis
amabrok's system - Latest update (May 2015, Page 11, Post #109)

Dubai, UAE
I wonder if Devialet will ever move to a "SAM on demand system"? Obviously, if there are some speakers with over 100 votes and are not yet SAM ready, then in the interests of fairness these should now be top priority. However, I am assuming Devialet will eventually get there, and all reasonably popular models will have SAM profiles available. Would they then move to a fee based SAM on demand system. I wonder what this might cost?
(24-Jan-2015, 08:48)flyer Wrote: Hello,
As I can see at http://voteforsam.devialet.com/  these speakers have  144 votes so far.
Thanks.

Hi :-)

One of the 144 votes is mine!

AFAIK : Devialet's labs, so far, couldn't get hold of  the ATC Scm 40 speakers. It might take some time do get SAM to our speakers, as Devialet has had no contact with ATC, yet.

I undestand that some customers lend Devialet their own speakers to get the tests done and the SAM profile ready. This didn't happen with ATC speakers, yet.

Kind and professional Devialet people gave me the above answer when I asked them your very same question.

The SAM FAQ page reports this kind of difficulties...

I'm waiting for a SAM profile for our ATC 's and for an offline configurator to pull the trigger: I love the Devialet, and I hope these things happen soon :-)

As of today, I'm not an owner.

Bye!
Note that Wilson-Benesch ACT - but not ACT1! -  are now on SAM list. Still waiting for my ACT1s to be SAMed!

David
1. NUC6i5SYH running ROON ROCK > ROON/AIR > Ethernet > Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity> Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers,
or, as alternative, 
2. Wyred4Sound MS-2 Server, Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity, Theta Jade CD Transport, Pure 702ES Tuner, Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers, misc cables

UK