Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No Sound with Some Sources
Just got an Opera edition Dione last week and noticed it will not play any sound at all with some sources (such as streaming from the Peacock app and non-Atmos trailers on AppleTV) but works fine with others. Anyone else experience that or do I have a defective unit?

My TV is an LG G2. Sending everything bitstream passthrough via eARC. Never had this problem with the Ambeo or Beosound Stage. 

Thanks for your help!
(18-Jun-2023, 18:26)Michael_V Wrote: Just got an Opera edition Dione last week and noticed it will not play any sound at all with some sources (such as streaming from the Peacock app and non-Atmos trailers on AppleTV) but works fine with others. Anyone else experience that or do I have a defective unit?

My TV is an LG G2. Sending everything bitstream passthrough via eARC. Never had this problem with the Ambeo or Beosound Stage. 

Thanks for your help!

Hi, Same for me. To add to your problem, I also experience a too long processing time where the Dione tries to figure out what kind of sound stream it is. Sometimes this is so long that the TV switches back to its internal speakers...

Anything new on your side?
(14-Nov-2023, 11:55)Taglicht Wrote:
(18-Jun-2023, 18:26)Michael_V Wrote: Just got an Opera edition Dione last week and noticed it will not play any sound at all with some sources (such as streaming from the Peacock app and non-Atmos trailers on AppleTV) but works fine with others. Anyone else experience that or do I have a defective unit?

Thanks for your help!

Hi, Same for me. To add to your problem, I also experience a too long processing time where the Dione tries to figure out what kind of sound stream it is. Sometimes this is so long that the TV switches back to its internal speakers...

Mine only have problems with apple tv's Apple Music. It plays fine for some time and then no audio or song plays stops and stars over. Like freezes in use. No problems with movies on Apple TV but only Apple Music. LG CS 65" with passthough and bitstream. Apple TV 17.1 fw lost audio completely and had to reboot Apple TV and Dione. 17.2 beta fw  it just acts strange with music plays and starts over and breaking up some time. Apple TV with frame and Sonos beam 2 is not having this problem. Looks like Dione is the reason for this. Devialet should update FW on Dione and fix these problems. Software update cycle is slow no it's been year from last update. Devialet is not best when it is coming to software side and update cycle. I'm not keep my hopes up for this every be fixed. Dione is amazing but poor software is not making this expensive product very good with some sources.
(15-Nov-2023, 19:51)tovuori Wrote:
(14-Nov-2023, 11:55)Taglicht Wrote:

Thanks for your help!

Mine only have problems with apple tv's Apple Music. It plays fine for some time and then no audio or song plays stops and stars over. Like freezes in use. No problems with movies on Apple TV but only Apple Music. LG CS 65" with passthough and bitstream. Apple TV 17.1 fw lost audio completely and had to reboot Apple TV and Dione. 17.2 beta fw  it just acts strange with music plays and starts over and breaking up some time. Apple TV with frame and Sonos beam 2 is not having this problem. Looks like Dione is the reason for this. Devialet should update FW on Dione and fix these problems. Software update cycle is slow no it's been year from last update. Devialet is not best when it is coming to software side and update cycle. I'm not keep my hopes up for this every be fixed. Dione is amazing but poor software is not making this expensive product very good with some sources.

So today also sonos beam+apple tv+samsung frame did the same thing so problem seems to be apple tv.