Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No refund for returned Lacquers
Hi,
I am posting this here because I am not sure how to proceed and was hoping that someone in the forum could advise me.

In June 2023, I purchased two sets of lacquer records from Devialet upon been given incorrect information of the size of the lacquers by one of the support staff in Devialet. Upon receiving the records, I realized that their size was not what I was informed about and so I could not play the lacquers in my record player. 

On June 19th, I sent an email to the Devialet support team and asked them to send me a return label so that I could return the lacquer records. It took them more than 2 weeks to create the return labels for the two record sets due to some IT errors. Other delays ensued and then the records finally reached Devialet on July 26th. 

On July 26th, I received an email from the support staff that they received the records and will issue the refunds in a couple of weeks after they'd examined the records.

On Aug 18th, I emailed them to find out what had happened. Nothing, didn't hear back from them for a few more days and then I receive this message.

{support staff} (Devialet) 
Aug 23, 2023, 5:36 AM GMT+2 
Dear Atin,

Thanks for your message. 

My apology as we have not informed you sooner. Please note the refund will be made in September as paused during the summer period in France.

Thanks for your understanding. 
Kind regards,

{support staff} | Customer service & support Devialet

Then on Sept 11th, I received one refund for one of the record sets.

It's now Oct 13th, and I still haven't received the other refund! 

I have sent several emails to the support staff to figure out why I am not getting the refund, but to no avail. Their excuse is that they are trying to contact the US financial services department about the refund, but no one is getting back to them.

So my questions to folks here is, what can I do as a consumer in the US to get my refund from Devialet in France, for a record set that I bought online on their website? Calling Devialet is a non-starter because no one ever picks up the phone or returns your calls. Emailing them is the only thing that I have been doing. I looked at the consumer policy in EU/France, but I could not figure out whom to write to about this.

Hope that someone here can provide me some advice. Thank you for your time folks!

Cheers,
-atin