Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not possible to get Expert and Phantom synchronous - SONOS and AirPlay doesn´t work
I got one Phantom, connected it by toslink to an Apple TV and connected my D120 by toslink to an Apple Express using on both devices with Airplay and iTunes. I think for the moment the only way to use both systems together.

Unfortunately I get a time delay. Restart doesn´t help.

Does anyone have ideas ?
It's not possible to synchronise them when one route is going direct (ATV) and the other is going via the Home Network (Express). There will be at least 0.2s between them. The best you can hope for is to pass *both* of them through your home network (for which you'd need a Dialog), or source the music from a Zoned Media Player program such as JRiver, where you can add a time delay to one stream until it matches the inherent delay in the other.
JRiver v25 (Windows) >> 220Pro/CI >> PMC Twenty5.23 + twin KEF KC62 subs. One White Phantom.
(15-Jul-2015, 12:48)JohnnySix Wrote: It's not possible to synchronise them when one route is going direct (ATV) and the other is going via the Home Network (Express). There will be at least 0.2s between them. The best you can hope for is to pass *both* of them through your home network (for which you'd need a Dialog), or source the music from a Zoned Media Player program such as JRiver, where you can add a time delay to one stream until it matches the inherent delay in the other.

I have tried it now with at the ATV and a new Apple Express (current version) - both connected to my my router/home network with ethernet, the ATV connected to the Phantom with toslink and the Express connected to the D120 with toslink. I had the same effect with the older Express (first generation) - time delay.

What do you mean with "route direkt (ATV)" and "via Home Network" - what is the difference between these devices ? For me they are connected at the same way.
Although they are both TOSLINK, one of them is travelling around your network before going into the D120. That's where the unavoidable delay comes in, because Ethernet connections are much slower than optical ones.
JRiver v25 (Windows) >> 220Pro/CI >> PMC Twenty5.23 + twin KEF KC62 subs. One White Phantom.
(16-Jul-2015, 01:41)JohnnySix Wrote: Although they are both TOSLINK, one of them is travelling around your network before going into the D120. That's where the unavoidable delay comes in, because Ethernet connections are much slower than optical ones.

You write the ATV is going direct - so would it be a solution to buy/to use a second ATV ? Depends it from the device ?
Before buying anything would you please clarify which item has the delay?
I have tried another ATV, so two ATVs direct via toslink (one to the D120 and one to the Phantom). The same problem time delay.

Is this an Apple or a Devialet problem ?
Pardon a rather stupid question and for going slightly off topic - but isn't the airport express limited to 16/44? I'd hardly want to use the AE for 24/92 files. What are the other opitcal connectivity options that can ensure bit perfect 24/92 reproduction?
Signal path: Macbook Pro (Qobuz/ Vox Player) > Router > CAT 8 Ethernet > Devialet 220 pro > Shunyata Delta speaker cables > Wilson Sabrina speakers

Power path: Wall outlet > Shunyata Delta power cable > Devialet 220 pro
(20-Jul-2015, 04:55)zambie Wrote: ... isn't the airport express limited to 16/44?

That's wright. AirPlay is using 16/44 apple lossless codec to stream from a Mac to the airport express.

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk
(18-Jul-2015, 19:17)midi Wrote: I have tried another ATV, so two ATVs direct via toslink (one to the D120 and one to the Phantom). The same problem time delay.

Is this an Apple or a Devialet problem ?

To be glib, it is your problem...
It is neither a defect in Apple or Devialet product but a problem with you trying to do something which is not implemented yet.
Spark may have a delay which varies depending on whether the data is sent down the optical link or network. The Expert delay depends on the buffer size.

Devialet are intending to provide a way for Phantoms and Expert to work together but a date for the release has not been fixed but is probably some time during next year.
I intend to use Phantoms as the rear channels in my surround sound system with expert for the fronts. I have been advised by Devialet that this functionality will become available but in the long future, not soon.
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire