Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PEM's affect on things...
well as long as they come from the companies expensive line Smile
Amp - Devialet 400 Speakers - vivid audio B1 Speaker cable - audioquest oak Power conditioner - furman SPR 16IE Source - audio PC with paul pang audio usb card v3 and paul pang red dual usb cable running through jplay. usb card powered by teddy pardo power supply Source 2 - line in from integra AV receiver (TV)
Actually they don't come from there either. That's reserved for medical Schurter devices with EMI and RFI filtering and due to lives at stake listed as "mission critical" components. Almost $30 a pop in 1k quantities. Guess that's what a body's worth. I always thought the age-old motorcycle adage of "if you have a $10 head buy a $10 helmet." So I'm left with an $800 dollar helmet (does that mean I have an $800 head!?!) and a $1m insurance policy with an insurance premium that's the same for either helmet. Whatta world, whatta world!
Statements in my posts are opinion only, not to be construed as fact. Any projects I engage in are at my own risk! Their outcome cannot be assured and may result in success, small/no change or catastrophic failure. I encourage no one rely on anything I say or do as gospel and to realize your mileage may vary!
manoet good news... you can just use this!

http://www.furutech.com/2013/02/02/1870/

should plug straight back in Big Grin

If the helmet costs as much as the head im pretty sure i wouldnt have any protection at all
Amp - Devialet 400 Speakers - vivid audio B1 Speaker cable - audioquest oak Power conditioner - furman SPR 16IE Source - audio PC with paul pang audio usb card v3 and paul pang red dual usb cable running through jplay. usb card powered by teddy pardo power supply Source 2 - line in from integra AV receiver (TV)
Those I have 1st hand experience with! Hands-down better than Schurter. Have one I keep around and all 3 components i've tried it in to-date sounded worse with than without. And they aren't plug-n-play with the Schurter. Closer yes but a 3-wire pigtail still has to be made/used tho you "might" be able to get away with only one (Ground). I'll dig it out tomorrow & take a look-see.
Statements in my posts are opinion only, not to be construed as fact. Any projects I engage in are at my own risk! Their outcome cannot be assured and may result in success, small/no change or catastrophic failure. I encourage no one rely on anything I say or do as gospel and to realize your mileage may vary!
so what are you going to do about the lack of holding clips on the furutech inlet?

double sided tape?
The FI-06 F'tech as well as all others in the line come with non-magnetic T316 SS flush-mount screws. I'll just drill/tap the rear panel on both sides of the IEC cut-out. You should be able to see that IEC at the F'tech site and the mounting screws/provision. They can also be front or rear panel mounted but rear mounting requires a larger cut-out so I'll stick with front-mount tho I'll move it an additional 1.5mm to the left to avoid interference with Optical 2 jack on rear of Devialet.

Link to FI-06 spec sheet; http://www.vhaudio.com/furutech-fi-06.pdf
(14-Aug-2015, 00:09)completeluxury Wrote: manoet good news... you can just use this!

http://www.furutech.com/2013/02/02/1870/

should plug straight back in Big Grin

If the helmet costs as much as the head im pretty sure i wouldnt have any protection at all

If you're going to go through all the trouble of removing the Schurter, why would you want to install another filtered PEM?

PS- As I posted in manoet's speaker binding post upgrade thread, I'm sure that removing the filtered PEM will make a much bigger improvement, and for a lot less money.
(14-Aug-2015, 00:32)Manoet Wrote: The FI-06 F'tech as well as all others in the line come with non-magnetic T316 SS flush-mount screws. I'll just drill/tap the rear panel on both sides of the IEC cut-out. You should be able to see that IEC at the F'tech site and the mounting screws/provision. They can also be front or rear panel mounted but rear mounting requires a larger cut-out so I'll stick with front-mount tho I'll move it an additional 1.5mm to the left to avoid interference with Optical 2 jack on rear of Devialet.

Link to FI-06 spec sheet; http://www.vhaudio.com/furutech-fi-06.pdf

i suppose your warranty is already null and void isnt it!

and i was just kidding mauidan Smile
(14-Aug-2015, 05:16)completeluxury Wrote: i suppose your warranty is already null and void isnt it!

Deader-n-fried chicken I'd say
(13-Aug-2015, 23:00)Manoet Wrote: Removal of the Schurter PEM isn't hard per se but it is a fiddly/fidgety affair. In my case made easier with the primary board already out and free of the Devialet enclosure. This pic shows the PEM, its line & neutral outlet spades and ground spade (center/bottom). First you'll need to remove the power control board which was mentioned in another post in the last day or two and only tool needed for that is a Torx 8 bit IIRC. The 6" needle-nose vise grips (<$10 online) are what I used for Schurter removal as it helps to have 3 hands and the locking provision provides that much needed 3rd while doing this. You can't pinch both sides of the Schurter retaining clips in at once so I loosely locked the vise Grips on one side first, flush with the Schurter side case and the VG's locked on the opposing corner then 'rock' that pinched clip side outwards till its free of the rear panel IEC cut-out on the side you're working on. Then repeat on opposite side. Might take a few attempts as sometimes the free side clip clicks back into the case and locks again while trying to get the other side out. But once you start gently rocking and pulling outwards you'll develop the 'secret handshake' and have it out in short order. Pay close/careful attention to Vise Grip jaws when working near the Opt 2 inlet (immediately right of Schurter when looking down on this area). Left side of Schurter is wide open and free of obstructions.

My plan from here is to use high-current wiring into the Furutch FI-06 Rhodium using its built-in rear outlet wire clamping provision. At the opposite end of those short wires I'll solder 6.3mm male spades (same as on Schurter outlet end) to the wires and attach them to the female spade connection on lower chassis PCB for ground and upper power control PCB for line & neutral. Future R&R's at that point remain identical to OEM setup, ie; "quick-disconnect." Just be aware of the original PEM printed schematic with regards to which side outlet blades are line/neutral. Hope this helps!

Manoet,

Highly appreciated, many thanks!

/Mike
Ex D400 Now Aavik U-300/Feickert Woodpecker2-Kuzma 4P-Kondo silver-Benz LPS-Teddy Pardo PSU/Naim Unitiserve-Teddy Pardo PSU/SF Guarneri Homage/Whole system decoupled by Ansuz DTC/Cables from Ansuz, DYI and other commercial/Dedicated mains and spur-Lampizator SILK