Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PLC is first line?
(13-Jan-2018, 16:04)snbeall Wrote: So... still unclear to me... would your proposed phase coupler be applicable and helpful in my new (2006) construction urban multi-unit flat US 110 volt system?

Hello, short answer "No". The phase coupler can only be used in 2 or 3 phase networks !! Sad
Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Remote: iPad-Pro
Roon Nucleus+(B), Lifetime / Qobuz Studio Sublime                                                                                                          
Germany / Bavaria
(13-Jan-2018, 16:45)K4680 Wrote:
(13-Jan-2018, 16:04)snbeall Wrote: So... still unclear to me... would your proposed phase coupler be applicable and helpful in my new (2006) construction urban multi-unit flat US 110 volt system?

Hello, short answer "No". The phase coupler can only be used in 2 or 3 phase networks !! Sad

Can you recommend me a phase coupler I can buy easily in Norway, or europe and have sent here? 

I have terrible PLC in my new apartment built in 2016. I live in Norway, here is a picture my from fuse box. Photos

Can you think of a reason why I have such terrible PLC in here? I have 7 Phantoms connected to 3 of my 10 circuits, completely unable to wire up ethernet without taking away a lot of the ascetics in this apartment.  Dialog is connected via gigabit ethernet to the router.
(13-Jan-2018, 19:30)hydr Wrote:
(13-Jan-2018, 16:45)K4680 Wrote:

Can you recommend me a phase coupler I can buy easily in Norway, or europe and have sent here? 

I have terrible PLC in my new apartment built in 2016. I live in Norway, here is a picture my from fuse box. Photos

Can you think of a reason why I have such terrible PLC in here? I have 7 Phantoms connected to 3 of my 10 circuits, completely unable to wire up ethernet without taking away a lot of the ascetics in this apartment.  Dialog is connected via gigabit ethernet to the router.

Hello, what voltage AC do you have?
Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Germany / Bavaria
(13-Jan-2018, 19:55)K4680 Wrote:
(13-Jan-2018, 19:30)hydr Wrote:
(13-Jan-2018, 16:45)K4680 Wrote: Hello, short answer "No". The phase coupler can only be used in 2 or 3 phase networks !! Sad

Hello, what voltage AC do you have? I believe its 230Volt - since its a brand new apartment building, I believe th

Hello,

I see a sign that says 400/230V -TN-S ontop of the fusebox, but the instruction manual for the house says:
230 V 50hz - TN-S

The dialog will normally find the phantoms on the same circuit, but struggle to find all the others (have phantoms in all rooms, but they keep dropping off). I would really like to do something to improve the PLC connection between all my Phantoms.
(13-Jan-2018, 22:02)hydr Wrote:
(13-Jan-2018, 19:55)K4680 Wrote:
(13-Jan-2018, 19:30)hydr Wrote: Can you recommend me a phase coupler I can buy easily in Norway, or europe and have sent here? 

Hello, what voltage AC do you have? I believe its 230Volt - since its a brand new apartment building, I believe th

Hello,

I see a sign that says 400/230V -TN-S ontop of the fusebox, but the instruction manual for the house says:
230 V 50hz - TN-S

The dialog will normally find the phantoms on the same circuit, but struggle to find all the others (have phantoms in all rooms, but they keep dropping off). I would really like to do something to improve the PLC connection between all my Phantoms.

Hi, look at page 2, you get at Amazon!
Germany / Bavaria
Thanks! You think this would work with my setup? Would it greatly improve my PLC connection throughout the house you think? Even improve the PLC performance on the very same circuit with the Dialog and two Phantoms?
I found it on Amazon, and I can order it now and have an electrician install it in my fuse box I think. Thank you for helping K4680, I appreciate it!
(13-Jan-2018, 23:19)hydr Wrote: Thanks! You think this would work with my setup? Would it greatly improve my PLC connection throughout the house you think? Even improve the PLC performance on the very same circuit with the Dialog and two Phantoms?
I found it on Amazon, and I can order it now and have an electrician install it in my fuse box I think. Thank you for helping K4680, I appreciate it!

Hi, I noticed something in the picture of the power box what is still unclear! Is that the complete box?
Germany / Bavaria
Here is the complete box. https://imgur.com/a/syEYc

Do you think PLC would be greatly improved on all circuits with the added phase coupler? Or just on the circuits that are added?
(14-Jan-2018, 12:31)hydr Wrote: Here is the complete box. https://imgur.com/a/syEYc

Do you think PLC would be greatly improved on all circuits with the added phase coupler? Or just on the circuits that are added?

Hi, the phase couplers bring here no advantage. Since this is a 1-phase network, all PLCs are on the same phase! Shy
Germany / Bavaria
(14-Jan-2018, 12:49)K4680 Wrote:
(14-Jan-2018, 12:31)hydr Wrote: Here is the complete box. https://imgur.com/a/syEYc

Hi, the phase couplers bring here no advantage. Since this is a 1-phase network, all PLCs are on the same phase! Shy

But I wondering why my PLC performance is so terrible? Wish I had decent PLC connection between the rooms.