Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phantom July Order - frustrations with fulfilment...? Update: I give up.
Yes, I did end up purchasing the whole rig from USA dealer though I just got home a couple of days ago and have not set it up successfully yet.

Figure I'll update and complete this thread.

I cancelled my order with Devialet on 9/16 and then again on 9/17 when one of the Devialet founders personally called me. He assured me that the order is cancelled and knew that I was leaving for an extended trip. Then left for my month+ trip overseas.

Having just got home, I see more than half a dozen Devialet boxes. Three of them from France for the cancelled order. The killer is that my wife said they arrived soon after I left, and UPS just left the front porch without signature. They never charged my card.

Devialet never called or contacted me to pay or ask for those speakers back after a month.

What gets me is:

1. If my wife was traveling with me, the boxes would probably have been stolen after some weeks as no one would be home. And Devialet would not have recourse to get anything back.
2. I now have to call Devialet (New York) to let them know. And after the calls and some emails we arranged to have UPS pick up this Friday. I'm awaiting labels to print.
3. This on top of having to make payment via Paypal before my trip to refund their accidentally crediting my credit card and then not being able to recharge the card to get them back.

If I was unscrupulous, Devialet would be out over $9000 in this process! (And per FTC rules, I could actually keep the whole rig as I no longer had an order with them. I won't of course - basic integrity.) I'm not quite sure what business system they have in place but as of now, I'm really quite stunned by the entire process.

If Devialet is actually reading this, you know this is factually accurate. I have a string of a few dozen emails trying to sort all these out.

I did get an entire set from a USA dealer though, last night, had problem even updating the Spark software on two platforms with over 1 dozen attempts. Just went to bed.

Sigh....seriously?

MtnGuy
Oh what a bummer! After all of the research you have done and the anticipation! Well I'm sure it will be up and running soon. Hang in there, they are worth it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I ordered mine with MoMa and got them in a week and a half which was two days ago. Also MoMa was having a 20% discount on all orders to member of there museum ($85 membership). They only have the Silver Phantoms for sale.
Running update. 

Devialet scheduled with me for pick up via UPS between 12-1pm today. Or 4-7pm.  UPS never showed up.  I don't know if the fault is with Devialet or UPS.  I do know that UPS usually does not miss its commercial appointments.   

This has been more work than necessary.  This has been more work than necessary.   Now I'll have to recontact them.  Will tell them they have seven days to contact me and pick up.  After that, I'm not going to make any more attempts to contact Devialet and will simply keep the units.  

This thread may be relevant. 
http://devialetchat.com/showthread.php?tid=2055

MtnGuy

ps: For those of you wonder, no, I've not yet set up my other pair that I purchased from a US dealer.  Haven't had time - schedule has been absolutely crazy.  But hope to have time tomorrow morning.