Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
White vs Silver ...Still unanswered
Thanks guys.. I have read it all...and right now I lean on getting the white ones ..but the higher re-sell value and attraction of the Silvers not to disregard.
Devialet Silver Phantoms pair + Dialog, will be connected through DSPeaker 2.0 ( DSP / Room-Correction) and hopped-up G-sonos. ( thinking of ROON) "Retiring" Goldmund / JOB225 Amp, Antony Gallo Reference 3.5. Keeping Active Bang & Olufsen Beolabs in different rooms connected to Sonos.
I am a bit confused how a particular volume level relates to when the extra power gets used. The volume level sets the effective gain (e.g. perhaps -6db at volume level 64). It does not relate to actual volume of what is output, because the volume of the source is not normalized first. For example, classical music recorded quietly vs rock recorded loudly. However, I would have expected that a volume setting of 70 on the white unit would be quieter than the same volume set on a silver, so I a curious what happens if you had a white and silver in a stereo pair. It surely must be imbalanced.

But more than that, there are always transient peaks that for certain types of music with larger dynamic range which I would have thought would come into play at medium levels. The summation here on this thread is that you only hear a difference if you hit high volumes. I would expect the silver to gain some level of increased dynamics at a lower point more towards the middle of the range.