Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phantom II Stereo issues - Wifi, plz help
I recently purchased a two Phantom II speakers in blue.
I have updated them and paired then to stereo via the app.

The issue I am having is that music only comes out of one speaker until I hard reset and re pair the speakers if they have not been used in a few days. Within the app I can tap the individual speakers and hear the noise (not sure how to describe the instrument) that tells me which side each speaker is on.

I have gigabit internet as well so it can't be a network issue and none of my other devices have any issues. If I Un pair the speakers music plays from each one individuually. 

Upon reading reviews on the app store for the devialet app, seems like a lot of people have the issue of audio not playing from one of the speakers over Airplay.

Does anyone have a fix? Besides hard wiring?
Try this:
Setup one first as if in one room, then setup the other as if in another room.
after this add the one and configure as a stereo pair.
This worked for me.
Music Room:
Devialet ODA, Vivid Audio G2 Series 2, Linn LP 12, Hercules, Ekos Ortofon Cadenza Blue, Achromat, Dewaudio Starmap and Startrail, Magnum Dynalab Tuner, Theta Transport, Kimber KS 2120 Digital, VD Hul Suernova. 
Roon'd for life, Tidal.

Bedroom: Ming Da 300B pre, Pass Labs XA 30.5, Sonus Faber Olympica III, Aqua La Scala dac, Ifi Zen Stream

Johannesburg,
South Africa.
(17-May-2023, 10:19)georgev Wrote: Try this:
This worked for me.

I appreciate your feedback, and thank you for taking the time to respond.

To clarify, I am setting both the speakers up individually already out of the box, and after resetting them.
Following both of them being setup, I create a stereo pair via the Devialet app. USUALLY, both speakers play music for the first few days. When I don't use them for a few days, the right speaker stops working via airplay. 

It still shows up via the app and I can ping it via the app but the music will not play via that speaker until I perform a factory reset.

Upon looking at the Devialet app in the App Store, a lot of people seem to have this issue..

Am I doing something wrong?
I have a support ticket into Devialet and hope they can just replace both speakers under warranty..
(30-May-2023, 23:41)nautilus007 Wrote:
(17-May-2023, 10:19)georgev Wrote: Try this:
This worked for me.

I appreciate your feedback, and thank you for taking the time to respond.

To clarify, I am setting both the speakers up individually already out of the box, and after resetting them.
Following both of them being setup, I create a stereo pair via the Devialet app. USUALLY, both speakers play music for the first few days. When I don't use them for a few days, the right speaker stops working via airplay. 

It still shows up via the app and I can ping it via the app but the music will not play via that speaker until I perform a factory reset.

Upon looking at the Devialet app in the App Store, a lot of people seem to have this issue..

Am I doing something wrong?
I have a support ticket into Devialet and hope they can just replace both speakers under warranty..

FYI I split my WiFi bands to separate 2.4 and 5g bands and connected the individual speakers to the 5g band first then created a stereo pair. Now they appear to both be playing music. Wil report back
SAME THING HAPPENED AGAIN.
The splitting of wifi bands is a bandaid solution. Something is wrong with the software.
(19-Jul-2023, 21:29)nautilus007 Wrote: SAME THING HAPPENED AGAIN.
The splitting of wifi bands is a bandaid solution. Something is wrong with the software.

Sigh, im having the same issue as well, just switch to ethernet cable for both phantom but now got new problem. App connected to wifi cannot detect phantom which is on ethernet. If i just play from spotify and select the stereo pair name, it just play as usual. 
Now the app is like useless, sigh
(12-Aug-2023, 04:12)kegler Wrote:
(19-Jul-2023, 21:29)nautilus007 Wrote: SAME THING HAPPENED AGAIN.

Sigh, im having the same issue as well, just switch to ethernet cable for both phantom but now got new problem. App connected to wifi cannot detect phantom which is on ethernet. If i just play from spotify and select the stereo pair name, it just play as usual. 
Now the app is like useless, sigh

Some people have successfully solved a wifi issue by connecting an ethernet cable directly between the two phantoms. One of them must receive the signal from the wifi and sends it to the other one via the ethernet cable.
2 phantom Gold
2 phantom Reactor
Dione soundbar
Spotify connect 
Apple music
Audirvana 3.5.44 for Mac
I've found that if I have 802.11r enabled on the WIFI SSID, then IoT devices have a problem staying on the network. Do you have any advanced configurations enabled on your WiFI?
6 x Phantom Gold, 3 x Phantom Silver, 2 x Phantom Classic, 9 x Phantom Reactor 900, Symetrix Radius AEC-2, 2 x JBL Synthesis SDP-55, Dante
I have had similar issues, though for the most part it's pretty stable. I set my speakers to have static IP addresses and both being on the same 5GHz Radio 1 band in my modem (Bell 3000).
I received the following from Devialet, "Devialet OS, and Phantom speakers, for performance reasons, will only communicate with devices that are on the same WiFi frequency (band) as they are on - even if the different frequencies are under the same SSID. Because of this, if you wish to use WiFi, you will need to split one of these WiFi bands from the current SSID, and provide it with its own unique name and password. This way you'll have set up a dedicated single-band connection for them. When on this WiFi connection, you will not lose the speakers, and the sound quality should also improve noticeably."
Hope this helps.
(06-Sep-2023, 18:02)Hawkman Wrote: I have had similar issues, though for the most part it's pretty stable. I set my speakers to have static IP addresses and both being on the same 5GHz Radio 1 band in my modem (Bell 3000).
I received the following from Devialet, "Devialet OS, and Phantom speakers, for performance reasons, will only communicate with devices that are on the same WiFi frequency (band) as they are on - even if the different frequencies are under the same SSID. Because of this, if you wish to use WiFi, you will need to split one of these WiFi bands from the current SSID, and provide it with its own unique name and password. This way you'll have set up a dedicated single-band connection for them. When on this WiFi connection, you will not lose the speakers, and the sound quality should also improve noticeably."
Hope this helps.

While this does make the issue better, it still does not prevent me from having to reset these speakers every few weeks.
Unacceptable for such expensive speakers.