Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phantom Power Switching
I’ve recently gone from a 230V 50Hz power standard (Australia) to a 110V 60Hz power standard (Colombia/USA). Phantom is compatible with all power ranges worldwide and can adapt with internal switching.

Arriving in the new country Phantom works fine, but when I initially plug it in it will do its little woofer movement to signify success, boots up as normal and is ready to play. I play a song. All good. Then I turn it up to 50% or above in volume and after a few seconds all power will cut and it makes a little click sound in the woofers (the same one as when you unplug a Phantom, either while playing or while resting). After 30-40 seconds it boots back up. The woofers do their little movement again to signify success although this time the woofers will make a clicking sound. Click click click click as they go in and out. Boot up completes. Phantom is ready. I play a song again. Put it on 50% or higher. Even 100%. No issues. Whatsoever. It doesn’t cut out again at all. No matter how long I play it for.

But if I unplug Phantom. Then plug it back in. If I surpass 50% it will cut out and reboot. Then will play as normal with no reboots again.

It’s a mystery to me and I’m not sure if it was doing this before arriving here because I never unplugged it.

I am switching power frequencies and voltage so I’m sure it adjusts. I just don’t understand why it would cut out and then reboot every time I plug it in again?

I figure maybe it’s calibrating to the power capacity here, adjusting to the maximum power it can pull from the socket and then rebooting to calibrate to that standard.

The sockets and power supply here are more than capable of powering Phantom. In the past I had a White Phantom (before the power update) and it never did this. I had that one replaced for another issue, the new one (White Phantom) has had to OTA power update so there’s a chance it’s pulling more power for the amp and being safe by calibrating to what it thinks it can pull from the socket? I have no clue and I have no knowledge on this topic.

The thing is that there is NO noticeable power difference either way. Before and after the power is the same. The woofers output just as powerfully and there is no decrease in maximum volume or any other sound aspect.

Any input would be great, before I contact Devialet Support. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Devialet Phantom (White)
This has to be one of the strangest problem with Phantom to date. You should contact Devialet support, sounds like a hardware issue.
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage