Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phantom Silver: no wifi connectivity
Hi All. I purchased a pair of Silver Phantoms in December 2015 and they have worked as a stereo pair ever since. Last night, I was experiencing stereo dropout issues so I decided to perform the official reset procedure and re-pair them from scratch. Meaning, I unplugged both for 30 seconds, then plugged them back in. Once fully booted, I held their power buttons down until I heard the second sound per Devialet support. But the problem I have now is only one of the two Phantoms are seen by my wifi network. My wifi network is an Eero mesh. Both of these speakers have always been detected by my Eeros after a power cycle over the years until now. 

I’ve restarted my Eero network in case there was some issue but that did not resolve the problem. 

I’ve also tried the Devialet iOS app to detect the problem Silver but no luck. 

The problem Silver is still reachable via Bluetooth and plays audio normally (luckily). 

Is there a way to troubleshoot this further? Or, is this a known issue which indicates a failure of the wifi adapter within the silver?

Thank you for any help.
Hi All. Quick update. I connected both speakers via Ethernet directly to my Eero router and finally was able to get the problem Silver phantom detected on my network and therefore configure it again as a stereo pair. Once this was done I did testing and once I disconnected the Ethernet cable from the “problem” phantom, it finally was detected again by my router via wifi. And playing the stereo pair via wifi connection worked fine.

So I’m not sure what weird issue I encountered to cause me to have to recover my phantom via Ethernet. By chance has anyone else encountered or heard of this weird symptom before? I hope it’s not a symptom of a problem developing.
Had similar thing happen with my old Phantoms, one Phantom would just decide to go AWOL. Always trying "everything", trying to get it working. Eventually giving up and after a few hours eventually deciding to show up again.

Has similar happen once since I elevated to the new version two years ago. Now running ethernet between my two Phantom Golds, not have any issues after that.
I had a similar problem a while back. What worked for me was to connect only one speaker at a time i.e. I left one speaker unplugged from power, set up the other one then plugged the second one in and connected it.
iMac 2021, Roon, home wifi, Devialet Phantom I x 2
Thanks guys. I’ll keep this in mind. Seems direct Ethernet is the best way. Although of all the years, this is the first time I’ve encountered this issue. Mine are on 2.16.1 FWIW.