Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phantom vs £8k system
(21-Sep-2015, 11:08)dogbait Wrote:
(21-Sep-2015, 10:58)yesgrey Wrote: What did you mean with that? What usually happens is different prices due to different VAT of each country... Would that be the reason in your case?

£500 difference. France has the same VAT rate of 20% unless the Devialet EU store doesn't show VAT until the final step? (In the UK it's a legal requirement for retailers to show VAT up front so maybe this is the cause?)

But you are getting that difference when you order directly from the Devialet EU store, or is that difference between the Devialet EU store and the price you get ordering from the UK store?
[quote='superstock' pid='25341' dateline='1442794705']
As an owner of Phantoms I went to the "The National Audio Show" today and Phantoms were on show in a huge room. To my relief they were as good as any other room except for maybe the Cymbiosis room with a well setup Linn Exakt and Kudos 808's in a tiny room which did take my fancy. However the music chosen may have just been well chosen for the system.

Thanks for the report! @superstock. Did you note what they were using to send the tunes? Eg MacBook to dialog? Or something else?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hi
Devialet EU Store do no longer accept purchase from the UK.. they have setup a unique UK selling web page and the prices are similar to the price listed by UK dealers...

Wanted to buy a remote and was told they can't accept my order.. Remote price: Euros 149 = £109 # £129 (UK-dealer and Devialet UK store)...

I queried about the difference in price and was told is a Devialet's Management decision... I guess UK dealers have put some pressure to Devialet...

It still cheaper to travel to France/Paris by Car and buy Two phantoms, a dialog and a remote.. and you will be saving around £500 (even when you include petrol price and the cost of crossing...).

This is just unfair and they need to look at it.

Thx
 Angenet. 
  5 Silver Phantoms (2 stereo and 3 solo in 3 rooms). 4 Raspberry Pi 3b with Hifiberry digi + boards connected to four Phantoms. 1 Dialog with Airplay, Roon Lifetime Membership for perfect group play. Qobuz sublime, Tidal Hifi,  1 NAS Qnap tS-210 Pro. Location: West Yorkshire, UK.
(21-Sep-2015, 11:45)angenet Wrote: Devialet EU Store do no longer accept purchase from the UK.. they have setup a unique UK selling web page  and the prices are similar to the price listed by UK dealers...
Ok, bad luck then... Hopefully they did not do the same to the country where I'm living, because here the price for the white is higher than the silver on Devialet's store, so, I decided to buy directly and went for the silver... Wink but I agree, it's not fair these price difference, however I think it's not illegal...