Poll: Which is better for movies
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Phantom
71.43%
5 71.43%
Dione
28.57%
2 28.57%
Total 7 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phantom vs Dione
Hi guys 

I understand one is a stereo setup while the other is an “Atmos” Soundbar. 

I’m currently running a traditional 5.1.2 Atmos setup with Sonus Faber Olympica I as front & center speakers. However I’m thinking of ditching the entire setup as I just moved to a smaller house and I need to clear up some space. 

My living room is only 3m x 3m. 

For music I’m sure the pair of Phantoms would sound better and provide a wider soundstage due to its physical speakers being far apart. 

However what I’m trying to find out is whether the Dione or Phantom will perform better for Movies ? 

Thank you
Am thinking of getting a Dione myself. Without doubt as a one box solution the Dione should be your natural choice. The Dione is engineered specifically for AV and has all the bells and whistles, the Phantom does not. As you will have read, there are 17 speakers embedded in the Dione with 8 of them dedicated to bass or subwoofers as they term them. The Dione will therefore be much better for movies. My own system will remain the same ie the Expert Pro driving the front speakers (the B&Ws) through my Denon for AV purposes. The Dione will be used in a separate room.
Devialet 1000 Pro CI, Chord Signature Reference speaker cables, B&W 803 D3 speakers

Roon lifetime licence, Tidal.
Dione is meant to be a speaker for TV, so covering the AV need, mainly of HDMI eARC.
So if you need a TV sound system, Dione is way more suitable than Phantoms. Sadly.

Phantoms look way better and can be place better in the room.