Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Play music from airport extreme/time capsule
Hi,

New Gold Phantom owner. Amazing stuff :-)

Quick question, how does one play music from an airport extreme/time capsule hard drive?
I can only give a quick guess, but I would say that you use Apple's Remote App, set up iTunes to have the music library on the APEX as the location of the song flies, and then run an optical cable to the Phantom. Select the optical input, and control the music using Remote.

Assuming, of course, that you're using a Mac so that you can use the Remote App. I don't know any other way to make the APEX behave like a server.

Or possibly the APEX can be configured as a NAS? Someone more knowledgeable than I will have to chime in here.
Damon
Powernode, NAD M32, Cambridge CD transport, Analysis Plus, Nordost, iFi Nova, CSS Criton 1TDX, KEF C62
Vancouver, Canada
Or any Mac or PC on the network will see the disk of the capsule as a network disk. From there, Sparc on either the Mac or the PC will be able to play what is on that disk.
MacBook Air M2 -> RAAT/Air -> WiFi -> PLC -> Ethernet -> Devialet 220pro with Core Infinity (upgraded from 120) -> AperturA Armonia
France
Thanks