Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Please consult Devialet expert 220 pro, balance&tone control
I have been using Devialet Expert 220 Pro for many years, but I have been having a problem setting it up. Is it necessary to set the cutoff frequency for bass and treble in the balance&tone control? I am using a JBL 4367 speaker, which can reach a high pitch of 40KHz, while the highest setting is 20KHz. Could you please tell me how to set the balance&tone control option? Thank you!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(09-Nov-2023, 04:57)jackyan Wrote: I have been using Devialet Expert 220 Pro for many years, but I have been having a problem setting it up. Is it necessary to set the cutoff frequency for bass and treble in the balance&tone control? I am using a JBL 4367 speaker, which can reach a high pitch of 40KHz, while the highest setting is 20KHz. Could you please tell me how to set the balance&tone control option? Thank you!

Is the balance&tone control invalid when Speakers Preout is OFF? Waiting for your reply, thank you!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(09-Nov-2023, 04:57)jackyan Wrote: I have been using Devialet Expert 220 Pro for many years, but I have been having a problem setting it up. Is it necessary to set the cutoff frequency for bass and treble in the balance&tone control? I am using a JBL 4367 speaker, which can reach a high pitch of 40KHz, while the highest setting is 20KHz. Could you please tell me how to set the balance&tone control option? Thank you!

This depends on your personal preference, as these settings greatly alter the result of using the tone controls.
There is no specific setting that is considered the best. Even different manufacturers of analog amplifiers use different cutoff frequency settings.
(09-Nov-2023, 07:38)daniel.avasilichioaei Wrote:

This depends on your personal preference, as these settings greatly alter the result of using the tone controls.
There is no specific setting that is considered the best. Even different manufacturers of analog amplifiers use different cutoff frequency settings.

Thank you for your reply!
Here are some ranges of indicative values, which I found at various amplifier manufacturers:
  • Bass: 30 ÷ 100 Hz
  • Treble: 10.000 ÷ 20.000 Hz