Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problems with firmware upgrade
(14-Nov-2020, 23:23)David A Wrote: The simplest physical clue which indicates whether the CI board is installed is to look at the back of the amp. If there is  a wifi antenna sticking out, the CI board is installed. No visible wifi antenna, then the antenna is internal and the amp does not have the CI board.

No. The antennae are removable.
@MightyMart.  If you can see an antenna, the CI board is fitted. If you can’t see an antenna, that doesn’t necessarily mean that there is no CI board fitted. If you can’t see an antenna, look for the threaded connector on the board where the antenna that isn’t there would screw on to.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
@Axel

Good call. I never thought of removing the antenna. I may not use wifi but it's still probably beneficial for the remote control since that also uses wifi but someone else might remove it for some reason.
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia
As far as I know the remote control doesn't use wi-fi, although it is on the 2.4 GHz band.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
There is no antenna, just a small black plastic cap underneath the RCA connectors. I guess the cap was placed there temporarily until the CI board was ready for installation.

So, I guess the problem is solved now, at least in parts.

Could anyone please try to confirm that the Configurator ink creates config-files compatible with v. 13 firmware? It would be of great help.

And do anyone know if the CI board is still offered for free?

Many thanks! :-)
Devialet Expert 1000 Pro CI / Magico A1 / ROON Nucleus w Farad Super 3 / Innuos Phoenix NET / Torus RM 16 / Acrolink Mexcel 7N-S 9000
Wireworld digital and power cables / Harmonix tuning feet / SMT acoustic 
treatment
- SWEDEN -
BTW, welcome back to Devialet  Smile
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(15-Nov-2020, 12:24)Pim Wrote: BTW, welcome back to Devialet  Smile

Thanks Pim, I haven’t really decided yet what to do but the D1000 + Magico A1 combination was very good.  Rolleyes
Devialet Expert 1000 Pro CI / Magico A1 / ROON Nucleus w Farad Super 3 / Innuos Phoenix NET / Torus RM 16 / Acrolink Mexcel 7N-S 9000
treatment
- SWEDEN -
(15-Nov-2020, 18:54)MightyMart Wrote: D1000 + Magico A1 combination was very good.

Did you get SAM for the A1 to work?
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
(15-Nov-2020, 21:02)ogs Wrote:
(15-Nov-2020, 18:54)MightyMart Wrote: D1000 + Magico A1 combination was very good.

Did you get SAM for the A1 to work?

Nope, I can’t get SAM to work since it seems the Configurator produces files incompatible with FW 10.1.0.

Every time I have copied a configuration file to the SD card and inserted it, the amps has refused to accept it (“WRONG CONFIG contact Devialet etc.” Very frustrating...

But even without SAM the A1 is a very impressive speaker, especially for its size.
treatment
- SWEDEN -
(16-Nov-2020, 11:30)MightyMart Wrote: But even without SAM the A1 is a very impressive speaker, especially for its size.

How about configuring the amps as Expert 800? Does that work or are you getting "WRONG CONFIG..." there too?
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
(16-Nov-2020, 18:03)ogs Wrote:
(16-Nov-2020, 11:30)MightyMart Wrote: But even without SAM the A1 is a very impressive speaker, especially for its size.

How about configuring the amps as Expert 800? Does that work or are you getting "WRONG CONFIG..." there too?

I haven't tried that and now the amps are booked for pickup to go to France to get CI-boards. i will have to wait until they get back. Hopefully I will get the chance to try out the A1's with SAM then.

Thank you all for being so incredibly helpfull.  Smile
treatment
- SWEDEN -