Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rebooting
I have just had to reboot my Phantoms after a year since the last time. How very inconvenient.
(26-Jan-2018, 21:05)Rodrat2 Wrote: I have just had to reboot my Phantoms after a year since the last time. How very inconvenient.

Why?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Devialet Phantom (White)
Sorry, must be my sense of humour. Despite all the issues raised and having been an early adopter my Silvers have performed perfectly suffering none of the issues frequently reported and discussed. Today they would not play the music displayed via spark, the source being tidal. Deleted and reloaded spark, deleted and reloaded Tidal. Still would not play anything. Rebooted spark and the speakers, now working fine.
(26-Jan-2018, 22:51)Rodrat2 Wrote: Sorry, must be my sense of humour. Despite all the issues raised and having been an early adopter my Silvers have performed perfectly suffering none of the issues frequently reported and discussed. Today they would not play the music displayed via spark, the source being tidal. Deleted and reloaded spark, deleted and reloaded Tidal. Still would not play anything. Rebooted spark and the speakers, now working fine.

That’s fair enough!! I often have an flawless experience with my Phantom but when something does come up I want to know what the heck is going on! 99% of the time it’s perfect!

I’ve heard some crazy problems in the past but as time progresses they get better and better.

Setting them up and not touching them is a good idea! Never unplugging or turning off, just letting them live as intended! Perfect!

Devialet Phantom (White)
Mine are permanently turned on apart from the odd power cut. Even then everything just switches back on and works with no fuss. The dialogue is also permanently switched on and connected directly to the router. It might help that everything is in the same room so I do not get dropouts.
(27-Jan-2018, 12:20)Rodrat2 Wrote: Mine are permanently turned on apart from the odd power cut. Even then everything just switches back on and works with no fuss. The dialogue is also permanently switched on and connected directly to the router. It might help that everything is in the same room so I do not get dropouts.

That’s the perfect way to use it. I don’t find a reason to ever turn anything off. It’s intended to be always on and Devialet over time have been reducing the amount of electricity the units use when not playing. So all is good.

I’ve never experienced drop out! Some people just add too much complexity to the setup.

Devialet Phantom (White)