Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rec-Out/In function with Pre-Out/Line-In
Wondering if it is possible to loop a signal thru the Pre-Out & Line-In connections of the Dev similiar to the old rec-out and rec-in function of yester-year?

Has anyone tried it?
Kii Three Speakers | JL Audio Fathom Subwoofer  | KEF LS50 Speakers | Samsung 850 Soundbar
Innuos Statement | Trinnov Altitude 32 | PS Audio Stellar S300 Amp | T+A HA 200 Headphone Amplifier | Meze Empyrean Headphones
Sean Jacobs DC-3 Custom Build LPS | Roon Core DIY Server | SOtM sNH-10G Modded Switch | Oppo UDP-205 Blu-Ray/SACD Player
T+A G 2000 R Turntable | DS Audio E1 Optical Stylus | Gordian Lab 12 Power Conditioner | Artesania Audio Rack
of course it is. just make sure you select the "pre-out enabled" tab in the line in settings
Amp - Devialet 400 Speakers - vivid audio B1 Speaker cable - audioquest oak Power conditioner - furman SPR 16IE Source - audio PC with paul pang audio usb card v3 and paul pang red dual usb cable running through jplay. usb card powered by teddy pardo power supply Source 2 - line in from integra AV receiver (TV)
Are you sure about that? I'd be surprised if it works - I'd assume that the line-in is an input to the pre-amp, not a direct input to the power amp section. In other words, you'd be connecting the pre-amp's output back to one of its inputs.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
if i can pre-out to a sub in stereo why cant i pre-out to an AV receiver?
Amp - Devialet 400 Speakers - vivid audio B1 Speaker cable - audioquest oak Power conditioner - furman SPR 16IE Source - audio PC with paul pang audio usb card v3 and paul pang red dual usb cable running through jplay. usb card powered by teddy pardo power supply Source 2 - line in from integra AV receiver (TV)
Maybe we're answering different questions. I thought the OP wanted to insert something in the path between the Devialet's pre-out and the input to its power section.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
Just to make sure we are on the same page, I am wanting to pre-out to my subwoofer dsp, then using the dsp pass-thru, line-in back to the devialet.

Goal is to correct (using the sw dsp) a latency issue arising from the placement of my subwoofer which., at the moment, the Dev cannot do.
Kii Three Speakers | JL Audio Fathom Subwoofer  | KEF LS50 Speakers | Samsung 850 Soundbar
Innuos Statement | Trinnov Altitude 32 | PS Audio Stellar S300 Amp | T+A HA 200 Headphone Amplifier | Meze Empyrean Headphones
Sean Jacobs DC-3 Custom Build LPS | Roon Core DIY Server | SOtM sNH-10G Modded Switch | Oppo UDP-205 Blu-Ray/SACD Player
T+A G 2000 R Turntable | DS Audio E1 Optical Stylus | Gordian Lab 12 Power Conditioner | Artesania Audio Rack
whoopdie daisy.

definitely not. if you set the input to line in all you will have is the subwoofer dsp so nothing would play.

its not possible to combine multiple inputs at once
plus you are running it through the pre-out so how would you feed your subwoofer with no terminals left????
Yeah, that was also what I was thinking. Missing the old "Pre-Out line select" functionality.

Back to the drawing board ...
(27-Jul-2015, 11:27)completeluxury Wrote: plus you are running it through the pre-out so how would you feed your subwoofer with no terminals left????

My dsp has separate sw terminals.