Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Recommendations please
(06-Mar-2016, 11:36)GSARider Wrote: I have no solution that I can think of to add just a subwoofer as none of the current speakers have a sub input and I'm trying to keep the AirPlay working. I have three other AirPlay speakers in other rooms.

Again, I think you would be pleasantly suprized about what you would hear coming out of a pair of Phantoms, there would honestly be no need for a subwoofer or the A9.
Second that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Think this is my most likely option, will have to have a think and decide. Thanks chaps.
Devialet still has the 45 days free trial deal, so it's possible to return the speakers if you're not satisfied. Just buy and try, I'll doubt you'll return the speakers Wink
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
(06-Mar-2016, 20:56)GSARider Wrote: Think this is my most likely option, will have to have a think and decide. Thanks chaps.

I can't emphasise enough that the golden rule with any of these speakers is placement, placement, placement. I read a few reports of the B&O and they talk about bass response and how it fares better closer to a wall (I believe the device has a room positioning adjustment switch to choose corner, wall, freestanding). Freestanding setting gives the most bass. You have it right in the middle of the room where it is virtually isolated from the effects of the walls. Phantom's in a stereo pair work best away from the wall, but not in the middle of the room (I tried it). So the trial is an important aspect here (45 days), because I think your approval rating will totally depend on how they work in the positions you are looking to place them.
If you want to be in th emiddle of the room, you can use some audio correction such as DSpeaker Antimode 2.0 or Dirac. However, it also depends on how LOUD you want the speakers to sound and how far you are sitting away in a large space. My guess is that you will have plenty of volume for normal listening. if you do a low pass cutoff using the Dspeaker at 25hz, you are still getting pretty low and get even more bass volume as the excursion is spared 16hz-25hz.