Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Recommended Phantom Demo Tracks?
Without any doubt my home demo show of.
Sohn,veto
Ludovico Einaudi - Andare
(23-Oct-2019, 14:00)DesertEagleAZ Wrote: Nice suggestions, here are a few of mine:

Ben Khan - Savage 
Ben Khan - Eden
Hans Zimmer - Blade Runner 2049 Score - Part 1: 2049 ––– (crazy)
James Blake - Limit to Your Love
Phil Collins - In the Air Tonight
Pink Floyd - Time
Selah Sue - This World
Radiohead - Codex
Babylon Berlin - Zu Asche, Zu Staub (Psycho Nikoros)
Bon Iver - Hinnom, TX (Bon Iver, Disc 2, Jagjaguwar Sessions)

Those all vary wildly in style, but IMHO they all have characteristics that really make the Phantoms come alive. Not that they need a lot of impetus for that...

+1 for Blade Runner 2049.  The Phantoms really do justice to this extremely atmospheric music. Other great suggestions there, plus several that are new to me.  Thanks!
(16-Dec-2019, 12:53)struts Wrote:
(23-Oct-2019, 14:00)DesertEagleAZ Wrote: Nice suggestions, here are a few of mine:

Ben Khan - Savage 
Ben Khan - Eden
Pink Floyd - Time
Selah Sue - This World
Radiohead - Codex

Those all vary wildly in style, but IMHO they all have characteristics that really make the Phantoms come alive. Not that they need a lot of impetus for that...

+1 for Blade Runner 2049.  The Phantoms really do justice to this extremely atmospheric music. Other great suggestions there, plus several that are new to me.  Thanks!

Thanks man! Yea I gotta say the Phantoms have further deepened my love for epic soundtracks Big Grin Glad you found some new tunes to enjoy!
Devialet Phantom Gold Duo | Devialet Phantom Reactor 600 Duo | 2x New Devialet Remote | 4x HiFiBerry RAAT endpoints & low-cost passive speakers — Roon Lifetime
(16-Dec-2019, 15:12)DesertEagleAZ Wrote:
(16-Dec-2019, 12:53)struts Wrote:

Ben Khan - Savage 
Ben Khan - Eden
Pink Floyd - Time
Selah Sue - This World
Radiohead - Codex

Thanks man! Yea I gotta say the Phantoms have further deepened my love for epic soundtracks Big Grin Glad you found some new tunes to enjoy!

It's funny, the penny has only just dropped but I remember going to a dealer audition some 35 odd years ago, possibly with my father, where they used the original Blade Runner soundtrack as a demo piece.  My memory says it was a Linn/Naim system driving Celestion SL6000s (is that what they were called?  the SL600s on dedicated subwoofer bases?) but it is so many years ago I could well be misremembering.  Anyway, it was truly breathtaking and one of my formative high end experiences.  

Anyway, I think Blade Runner 2049 (Tidal 24/44.1 version) played through my Phantoms sounds every bit as impressive - who knows, maybe even better?
Ahh, yes, Vangelis—such a good soundtrack. Roy Batty's monologue still rains shivers down my spine.
Devialet Phantom Gold Duo | Devialet Phantom Reactor 600 Duo | 2x New Devialet Remote | 4x HiFiBerry RAAT endpoints & low-cost passive speakers — Roon Lifetime
(16-Dec-2019, 15:58)DesertEagleAZ Wrote: Ahh, yes, Vangelis—such a good soundtrack. Roy Batty's monologue still rains shivers down my spine.

Yup, fantastic film.  I used to know the script pretty much off by heart.  I even remember celebrating Roy’s inception day along with a small group of other hardcore nerds on Jan 8th 2016.
Jack Garratt - Fire
Focus by Ellias

https://open.spotify.com/track/5ChQHJhW6...b6VL6NSy5Q

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Gladiator Medley - Live ; Hans Zimmer & Czarina Russel (From the album "Live in Prague")
https://open.spotify.com/track/71yL5d5Fe...0GoF4cnCrw

Long one, but worth giving a shot!