Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reduced-To-Max-Mod
No, I try only with the teeth 🤓
(20-Oct-2023, 18:59)Seb31300 Wrote: Ok . Thanks for the reply .
I have just remove the wifi board and the trigger/optical board .

Did you get the expected result? Has the sound quality improved?
I'm asking you because I also have Expert Pro 220 and I'm thinking of making the same tweak.
I have a question for those who have done this mod on the Expert PRO range. How exactly did you proceed with the cable from the NFC antenna? It seems to be connected to the Wi-Fi board.
Does the remote still work without a Wi-Fi board?...

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Big Improvement on the soundstage and lower noise on phono stage.
I have disconnected the 2 cables on the wifi board after remove it from
the Core Infinity . The antenna was removed also .
I have used electrical scotch to isolate the end of the cable which come from the
black box .
I retry this morning to remove the Core infinity because a screw is under to maintain
the motherboard which I want to remove from the frame in order to finally remove the
Riserboard : no success !
Some help needed
Today I also made these changes to 4 amplifiers: two Expert 220 PRO and two Expert 140 PRO (all four are connected in a chain).
I removed Wi-Fi and trigger/optical boards.
I didn't remove the phono board.

Warnings for those who want to apply this type of changes:
  1. The thermal compound from the Core Infinity processor must be changed (or at least rearranged). I preferred to change it because the one used by Devialet does not seem to be a top one.
  2. In some cases, when you remove the lower cover, the ADH board and/or the Core Infinity processor cooler are automatically removed. That is, they remain glued to the lower cover.
Very interested by your opinion
After I made these changes, I noticed two changes, one good and one bad.
The good change: The SUPPLY temperature dropped by about 5 degrees. I did not follow the temperatures of A AMP and D AMP, because the one from SUPPLY was always the highest in my system. I have to check this again in time, to make sure that it is not a coincidence.
The bad change: The "Auto dim" setting from the master no longer works. The display from the master always remains on. The master sends the display off command to the companions and all the companions turn off the display, but the one from the master stays on permanently. Has anyone experienced this before, among those who have applied these changes?

For now, I can't say anything about the changes to the sound quality. A quick comparison is out of the question, because it took me a few hours to make the changes to all four amplifiers. I will try to see if I notice changes in the following days, after several hours of listening (but, honestly, I don't have a lot of confidence in such comparisons).
I did undo the changes and returned to the original configuration. As far as I can tell, removing the Wi-Fi board has negative side effects.
Here are the problems I detected during the tests I did (there may be others, obviously):
  1. The "Auto dim" setting from the master no longer works. The display from the master always remains on. The master sends the display off command to the companions and all the companions turn off the display, but the one from the master stays on permanently.
  2. The "Power Saving" setting no longer works. Master does not do automatic stand-by and, consequently, neither do companions.

I guess that Core Infinity assumes that there is a Wi-Fi board and expects some signals from it in the I/O ports. The absence of these signals confuses the Core Infinity (I assume that it was not designed to work in the absence of the Wi-Fi board).
I have disabled the screen not to have the autodim remains on.
Power saving is off at home: better scene stage