Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Remote volume not working
Hi again, reserructing this old thread as the remote has stopped working again.

I have tried all of the steps above again but with no joy.

Is it common to have to replace the remote for the 200? It is over 8 years old and gets used every single day but just usually to turn it on and off as I thin tend to switch to the remote app.

Are there others on here who have had to replace theirs?
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
Chord Qutest -- Niimbus US5 Pro Headphone amp —HifiMan HEK, Abyss 1266TC
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
if new batteries and re-pairing does not help it might be defective. Which would be strange if you never use it. My remotes are from 2011/2012 and still work like a charm.
But I have the heavy version from the old D-Premier. You can check with the Devialet support, maybe they have some more suggestions.
Just to add this time the remote does not work at all, its not just the volume wheel. None of the buttons work either.

I msy have to buy a a new one this time but at £400 a go its not cheap.
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
(19-Dec-2023, 18:55)Womaz Wrote: Just to add this time the remote does not work at all, its not just the volume wheel. None of the buttons work either.

I have a few extra remote controls, so I can sell you one, if you are interested in a second hand one.
(19-Dec-2023, 21:36)daniel.avasilichioaei Wrote:
(19-Dec-2023, 18:55)Womaz Wrote: Just to add this time the remote does not work at all, its not just the volume wheel. None of the buttons work either.

I have a few extra remote controls, so I can sell you one, if you are interested in a second hand one.

I tend not to buy second hand but I may be tempted to in this case.
Can i ask though how did you acquire a few extra?
(20-Dec-2023, 17:48)Womaz Wrote:
(19-Dec-2023, 21:36)daniel.avasilichioaei Wrote:

I have 4 Expert Pro monobloc chained together (2x 140 and 2x 220), so I only use one remote control.
Besides the ones that came with 140 and 220, I still have a 250 remote control and that's the only one I use. I bought this separately (without amplifier, unfortunately).
The rest are unused in the original box...

However, before buying another remote control, you should be sure that the problem is with the remote control and not with the amplifier. Do you have the possibility to test your remote control with another amplifier? Maybe at a dealer?
(20-Dec-2023, 20:34)daniel.avasilichioaei Wrote:
(20-Dec-2023, 17:48)Womaz Wrote:
(19-Dec-2023, 21:36)daniel.avasilichioaei Wrote: I have a few extra remote controls, so I can sell you one, if you are interested in a second hand one.

I have 4 Expert Pro monobloc chained together (2x 140 and 2x 220), so I only use one remote control.
Besides the ones that came with 140 and 220, I still have a 250 remote control and that's the only one I use. I bought this separately (without amplifier, unfortunately).
The rest are unused in the original box...

However, before buying another remote control, you should be sure that the problem is with the remote control and not with the amplifier. Do you have the possibility to test your remote control with another amplifier? Maybe at a dealer?

You make a good point, I will investiage this but I would assume I wont have a local dealer.
My new lap top does not have an SD slot so I cant even check to see that something hasnt changed in the settings.
(20-Dec-2023, 22:01)Womaz Wrote: You make a good point, I will investiage this but I would assume I wont have a local dealer.
My new lap top does not have an SD slot so I cant even check to see that something hasnt changed in the settings.

It's easy to check if it's a settings problem:
- power off Devialet
- remove the SD
- start Devialet
Devialet will start with factory default settings and the remote control should be functional.
(21-Dec-2023, 07:12)daniel.avasilichioaei Wrote:
(20-Dec-2023, 22:01)Womaz Wrote: You make a good point, I will investiage this but I would assume I wont have a local dealer.

It's easy to check if it's a settings problem:
- power off Devialet
- remove the SD
- start Devialet
Devialet will start with factory default settings and the remote control should be functional.

Thank you, I have tried this and the remote still does not work. So its definitely not the amp.
Does anyone know if the remote from a Devialet EXPERT PRO is compatible with my D200?