Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Return after 45 days, how does it work ?
(23-Jan-2018, 22:48)Rodrat2 Wrote: Not in the uk, it is a criminal offence to sell used goods as new.

Well then what’s coming from the factory shouldn’t be sold either as it’s pre-tested and used in order to evaluate quality assurance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Devialet Phantom (White)
Yes but it hasn't been sold to an end user. Once that is done it is secondhand.
(24-Jan-2018, 09:16)Rodrat2 Wrote: Yes but it hasn't been sold to an end user. Once that is done it is secondhand.

Still been used and touched by hand. Technically within a certain number of days it can class as new still. I don’t know about the UK though.

Devialet Phantom (White)
Not under uk consumer law. It maybe different where you live.
(26-Jan-2018, 17:39)Rodrat2 Wrote: Not under uk consumer law. It maybe different where you live.

UK law would never know. But I’m certain Devialet keep within the law of each respective country. But a range of those trail devices go back to new after being returned. That’s why they quality check them before refund. If it’s not perfect it gets sent back to you.

Devialet Phantom (White)
Don’t they also offer in some cases to have you turn them in to a local authorized dealer (if you have one in your area)? I seem to recall reading that the dealer may perform the inspection. Perhaps they become floor demos? Or it is just a convenience for the customer and/or shifts liability/risk of damage in transit?

I’m in the same boat, looking at returning TWO sets - trialed first a set of Elevates and then Golds staggered by a few weeks. Awesome bits of technology but as we say in the US, not quite ready for prime time yet. Too many connectivity issues, unease with lack of serviceability and/or upgrade due to their “sealed” nature, WAF issues (“they’d be ok if they were black” - I have to agree but satin not gloss, or they’ll look like giant 8 Balls ?), lack of multichannel functionality, lack of MQA, numerous Dialogue issues, and particularly because I thought they were wireless not PLC. And PLC does not work reliably in my home. And when it does connect on 2.4 they are unlistenable.

I think I’ll sit back and wait for them to iron out a few bugs, add MQA, and come out with the Black Satin Phantom and multichannel formatting. I’ll be back.
I WILL say that repackaging these things is WAY more difficult than unpackaging them! Particularly one undersized sock that took MULTIPLE attempts to get it on and in the end simply could not get to cover completely. (Ever had an undersized sock that wouldn’t stay up over your heel?) Fighting that while trying not to touch the mids and woofers...whew.

Anyway, I will warn you as in most dealings with customer support... it is not an efficient process. I think it may be partially a language barrier and they are always polite, but they never quite seem to read back through the thread, and they ask the same questions (or incomplete ones) over and over. They may be overwhelmed as well, trying to expand worldwide and into US market without native English speaking support. But it takes days for a relatively simple reply.

They initially gave me a list (including sending 3 photos of each Phantom - one of each woofer and one of tweeter) which I satisfied, then asked for serial numbers of Phantoms, which I supplied, then asked for serial number of Dialogue, which I supplied, then wanted me to open an unopened second Dialogue for its serial number, which I supplied, and am now in the process of waiting for a reply and further instructions. It seems that they should have all of this information since the order came from them in the first place and every item shows up on my Devialet account. Seems a bit of right hand not knowing what left hand is doing... growing pains? Anyway, these delays are pushing me past the 45 days, but I trust they will still honor the return since it was started in time.
(03-Feb-2018, 16:29)snbeall Wrote: I WILL say that repackaging these things is WAY more difficult than unpackaging them! Particularly one undersized sock that took MULTIPLE attempts to get it on and in the end simply could not get to cover completely. (Ever had an undersized sock that wouldn’t stay up over your heel?) Fighting that while trying not to touch the mids and woofers...whew.

Anyway, I will warn you as in most dealings with customer support... it is not an efficient process. I think it may be partially a language barrier and they are always polite, but they never quite seem to read back through the thread, and they ask the same questions (or incomplete ones) over and over. They may be overwhelmed as well, trying to expand worldwide and into US market without native English speaking support. But it takes days for a relatively simple reply.

They initially gave me a list (including sending 3 photos of each Phantom - one of each woofer and one of tweeter) which I satisfied, then asked for serial numbers of Phantoms, which I supplied, then asked for serial number of Dialogue, which I supplied, then wanted me to open an unopened second Dialogue for its serial number, which I supplied, and am now in the process of waiting for a reply and further instructions. It seems that they should have all of this information since the order came from them in the first place and every item shows up on my Devialet account. Seems a bit of right hand not knowing what left hand is doing... growing pains? Anyway, these delays are pushing me past the 45 days, but I trust they will still honor the return since it was started in time.

The sock is designed to go on specifically one way and if you don’t put it on that way it won’t fit correctly or cover the unit correctly. It’s hard to explain but once you find the right way it will fit perfect.

The list is proper procedure. They just need to be sure it’s in good condition before shipping.

Devialet Phantom (White)
Pray tell? What’s the proper way? Because I tried every which way. Back to front. Front to back. Even from the side which I knew wouldn’t work? Do you have a YouTube video?
This particular sock was defective. The other three went on reasonably. I don’t remember it being difficult to get off. But it never is is it? ;-)