Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SAM Measurements
Daniel, I'm sure you already tried this, but perhaps the high-pass filter only works with SAM disabled?
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
(24-Jan-2024, 17:59)daniel.avasilichioaei Wrote: Today I wanted to measure the effect of the "Subsonic filter", as well as that of several "High-pass" filters.
Subsonic filter seems to do its job as intended.
However, with the high-pass filter, I had a very unpleasant surprise: it seems not to work at all. I tried several amplifier configurations and several filter settings and none of them have any effect: no difference is heard, and the measurements come out identical. I even tried extreme settings (cut-off frequency = 5,000 Hz) and there is still no difference. It seems that the high-pass filter does not work at all, which surprises me: I know that many users have subwoofers and use the high-pass filter.
Strange situation... Huh
Do you use SAM or Sweet Room? At least sweet room disables high/lowpass filters.
I don't use SAM, Sweet Room, DPM, tone adjustments, balance, etc. Practically everything is deactivated. In the idea that maybe the high-pass filter depends on other settings that should be activated, I also tried with the ones above activated (eg the tone settings). I did not manage to make the high-pass filter work in any way.
It's a mystery...
How strange. Do you think Devialet support might shed any light on it?
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
(24-Jan-2024, 23:05)thumb5 Wrote: How strange.  Do you think Devialet support might shed any light on it?

So far I have only tried dual-mono configurations. I want to try to configure a single amplifier separately, not as part of a chain, but still as a mono amplifier. After that, I will contact Devialet technical support.
I'm using the highpass on a dual mono configuration and it works. The sub is connected to the stereo out on the slave.
No SAM, no Sweet Room. And the result is clearly visible in measurements.
I think I found the problem. It's an older one from the configurator, I knew about its existence, but I didn't know that it also affects the high-pass filter. In fact, I didn't know everything it affects and I still don't know now.
The resulting configuration files are different (at least for the master) if you start the configurator directly with a dual-mono configuration versus when you start the configurator with an amplifier and only then add the second one.
In all my previous tests, I had started the configurator directly with a dual-mono configuration.
I'm not sure that was the cause, but that seems to be the case...